Hacking Supercard lite menu changes in the near future???

mabhz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Im about to purchase a Supercard Lite Rumble, but i would really like to know if there are any plans of upgrading its menu in the near future so the shell-like style is gone and the M3/G6 icon menu is on.

Supercard is great, but menu style is simply horrible!!

Also, i'd like to present a second question: ive heard about a lot of hardware problems with M3 and G6. Ive heard that of all flashcards, Supercard is the one with a more reliable hardware, very well made and resistant. Is that true?? Since i dont really like the menu, im basing my purchase on this "feature" (long lasting over the others).

thanks!

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They better not change the menu! That’s one of the best features.
The fastest menu around, & shows 8 game selections on screen at once.

Because you’re new to it all your thinking you want something nice to
look at. But within 30 minutes you’ll realize al the glitz just gets in the
way. From splash screens to slow menus & all you want to do is play
a game. But as for hardware they are all made in China so quality is
just OK for all these cards, but with that said the supercard is a very
nice card.

Mystic-Homer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I agree... I don't spend much time in the shell of SC... (I'd rather get to gaming)

So the simpler and more efficient they keep it, the better
biggrin.gif

trebus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In my opinion M3's hardware is better built than Supercards. Also, Supercards menu is fast and easy while M3 is a little hard to navigate around. Besides, it's not like you need to spend more than 5 seconds just to look at the menu.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The obvious solution is a menu that looks exactly like the current one for people who like it the way it, but has the option of becoming a more graphical environment for people who would prefer that. Just make it so that if there's things like *.ICO files and a BACK.BMP file they'll be displayed and the menu will be graphical (preferably also a config file could be used for making more comprehensive customizations), but if those files aren't there, then the menu would remain strictly text based like the current one. In either case, touchscreen function would be present.

People who do nothing but pirate games may not see the point of a nicer interface since as they say, they only see the menu for a couple seconds, but if you use a lot of emulators (which need to be updated in the Supercard as well, preferably user-updatable), homebrew or media playback then the card's interface is more important. If the interface was more friendly to things like that, I bet that even the people who right now don't see the need for any change and only use their carts for pirating commercial games would start to see how much else is possible with a flash cart and appreciate the possibilites.

A scheme like I descirbed above is a simple solution that would suit everyone, though, and not be at all hard to implement form a programming standpoint. There also ought to be a plugin system for handling non .GBA and .NDS files like emulated ROMs, media files or anything else. These seem like obvious features to me, but the people who write the firmwares for these cards apparenlty have a stunning lack of imagination and innovation and perhaps a lack of skill as well.

That goes for all of them, not just the Supercard, by the way. I have a G6, too, and while it looks better on the surface, it's actually missing a lot of obvious functionality that even the Supercard has. There's even more things that could be offered by firmware that none of the cards do to my knowledge.

...word is bondage...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo