Hacking Supercard DSTwo works in DSL but not 3DS?

jurassicbond

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought the card and got it today from modchipcentral.com. It was supposed to be installed with the latest firmware already, so I just copied the most recent EOS system onto the SD card per the instructions that came with it. When I put it in the 3DS it came up with an Alex Rider icon, however whenever I tried to open it I'd get "An Error has occurred" message telling me to turn my system off. However, it loads just fine in my DSLite. So far I've tried reinstalling the firmware on the DSLite, reformatting my SD card and installing the EOS again per the guide on this forum, and putting some paper in the DSTwo card behind the contacts to move them closer. Nothing is working. Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be?

jurassicbond

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try pushing the cart down slightly while booting the flashcart. That's what I have to do to get past the error message.

I just tried that and I couldn't get it to work. I tried it a few times and either got the same error message or just a black screen.

jurassicbond

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you extract the dstwoupdate.dat to your micro SD's root, and then turn it on while it being in your DS lite?

Yeah. And I got a popup message on my DSL asking me to upgrade from (Beta) 1.19 -> 1.19. I selected yes. I did this twice already.

jurassicbond

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm just going to send my card back in for a replacement. The card may have been physically defective from the start because no matter how much I tighten the screw, it won't catch onto the cover. (In fact the card was in two pieces when I opened the package and I had to put the cover on myself).

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think I'm just going to send my card back in for a replacement. The card may have been physically defective from the start because no matter how much I tighten the screw, it won't catch onto the cover. (In fact the card was in two pieces when I opened the package and I had to put the cover on myself).
Yeah it might be for the best, but it could be the next one has the same issues though, because it's probably from the same batch.
I would email the modchipcentral to test the card in a 3DS for you before sending it to you.

jurassicbond

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woot! The replacement arrived today and it works just fine in my 3DS! At least DS games do, I haven't tried the GBA or SNES emulators yet. I'm not sure I ever will either since I've heard the PSP emulators are much better anyway, and I already have a PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-