Supercard DSTWO SDK ready for developers!

Traitor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Veho said:
KazoWAR said:
Yep, its the Wi-Fi chip in the DS, its capped at like 10-15 Kb/sQUOTE(Christopher8827 @ Aug 4 2010, 07:23 AM) Yep, its at 10kb

That's five times worse than dialup...
ohnoes.png

whywouldyoudothat_2.jpg
Dialup is actually 56 kilobits per second (roughly), which equals out to about 6.5 kilobytes per second.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Traitor said:
Dialup is actually 56 kilobits per second (roughly), which equals out to about 6.5 kilobytes per second.
Wait, so is the DS WiFi capped at 10 kilobits or kilobytes? I thought it was 10 kilobits (and that's five times slower than dialup).

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Veho said:
Traitor said:
Wait, so is the DS WiFi capped at 10 kilobits or kilobytes? I thought it was 10 kilobits (and that's five times slower than dialup).

It's capped at roughly 10 kilobytes.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anyone have received his SDK link?

That's not for me (I haven't requested it since I have no use for it), but I want to know if some famous developer have received their SDK?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Berthenk said:
Mbmax said:
I have 110kB/s with Fileninja DS.
wink.gif
Pics or it didn't happen. That's just impossible.
Hehe.
Well, right now i can't snapshot anything because i'm on holidays, but don't worry i will give you some proof.
wink.gif

Now, if you don't want to wait, just test fileninja.

Edit : Ok. Was lucky to have my Ralink USB wifi key with me. I turned it into wifi AP and here you go.
Tested with a 50MB dummy file + fileninja + FileZilla Server + DSi + EZ5i firmw v101 + Kernel 3.0ob1 :

Enough ?
happy.gif

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, will it be possible to make a homebrew that will allow you to link GBA games with DS games (in games such as Pokemon - to migrate, and Megaman) with the SDK?

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Escape said:
So, will it be possible to make a homebrew that will allow you to link GBA games with DS games (in games such as Pokemon - to migrate, and Megaman) with the SDK?

It depends on how complete the SDK is. If it lets people write homebrew that loads commercial nds games, then in theory, yes someone could write that. Though I think Supercard is adding that (in some form. I think it will be using a slot-2 device though (just opinion, I have no proof what form it will take)) in the next version of eos.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Escape said:
The SC team's already making that possible (linking GBA emulator saves with DS games)

EDIT: I was misleaded.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Berthenk said:
Only, there's one problem: DS Wi-Fi speed. It. Is. Slow. As. Hell.
Yes, it is slow (though it still seems faster than people are making it out to be), but for browsing regular old webpages this is hardly a problem. It's when you start to get into streaming video and such it can be a problem.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mbmax said:
Hehe.
Well, right now i can't snapshot anything because i'm on holidays, but don't worry i will give you some proof.
wink.gif

Now, if you don't want to wait, just test fileninja.

Edit : Ok. Was lucky to have my Ralink USB wifi key with me. I turned it into wifi AP and here you go.
Tested with a 50MB dummy file + fileninja + FileZilla Server + DSi + EZ5i firmw v101 + Kernel 3.0ob1 :

Enough ?
happy.gif
Crap. I'll have to test that. Just for the awesomeness.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
it would be great to have a genesis emulator that fixes the problems that other emulators for the ds had like having to pan the screen all of the time and having increased genesis rom compatability would also be great.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, while I don't know much about coding does this mean they can use the code to run on the card's CPU without some bottleneck or anything like that? What about multicore development? This is pretty huge if so, they could make even bigger CPUs that can be attached to the DS no?

jadawin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Awesome news! I am positive that it will do just fine. It is very promising even if it fails to play PS1 games. Developers should subscribe and finally come out with a first class and trusted product.
As for me, I may purchase it as long as the price is fair.

Go for it SC team!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: someone is saying ultimate nes remix didn't had less games, it makes my brain hurts