ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Terminator02 said:
fst312 said:
besides me is anyone wondering why the supercard doesn't have a plugin for systems like nes and sega.those systems might actually work 100% on the supercard dstwo.
you can just use the regular homebrew emulators, they work good enough already that no one cares to port it for the DSTwo for more power

you can find the emulators here
and it does support 1.4.2, as long as you have the latest EOS
But I guess they would be even better if they had the extra CPU/memory ... (& perhaps even the ARG() feature added as well)

While on the subject of Emulators - I just wish the SC team would give out the source for the GBA emulator, so that some1 like 'Bags' or 'Cat' could modify it to include the ARG() & perhaps even 'fix' the config.txt problem as well
that would be nice wouldn't it
glare.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
One question.

When I updated it to work on the 3DS, all those widgets were gone! (GBA games etc)

Any way to recover em? I want to play pokemon on it
frown.gif

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiabloStorm said:
Real time load screen flicker/odd sound...something to be concerned about? Just seems a bit sketchy is all. It usually doesn't last more than a second...
nope, that's just it loading into the real time menu, perfectly normal

QUOTE(chris888222 @ Jun 17 2011, 11:16 AM) One question.

When I updated it to work on the 3DS, all those widgets were gone! (GBA games etc)

Any way to recover em? I want to play pokemon on it
frown.gif
did u update it with the new firmware updating method for 3ds, or just a normal update

i know a normal update doesn't do anything to your microsdcard except delete the update file after it's written to the DSTwo

you probably formatted your card before putting the files on or something... i don't know, but the "widgets" you're referring to are called plugins, and you can just check out the beginner's guide if you want to get everything set up again

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my SCDS2 and have a question -- I'm only interested in having the DS Games and GBA Emu icons appear on the home screen. I'd rather play my SNES and NES games on the Wii, and I don't really care about having videos/music on there. So, is there a way to remove the unused icons that have the "?" mark on them?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hanafuda said:
I just got my SCDS2 and have a question -- I'm only interested in having the DS Games and GBA Emu icons appear on the home screen. ......So, is there a way to remove the unused icons that have the "?" mark on them?If you really want to stick with the existing 'plugin' menu unfortunately you NEED a minimum of 5 'icons' on the plugin screen to 'remove' all the '?' orange icons
There is a 'cheat' that will remove those '?' but it spoils the 'effect' & I would recommend that you use either 'Bagplug' (use it's 'favorites' screen) - or 'iMenu' (and create custom icons to individual games) instead

If you REALLY want to keep the original Plugin menu here's the cheat
1) You need to create a blank 'dummy' icon (40x42 24-bit BMP file) with a background of 'pure green' - save this as 'dummy.bmp' into the '/_dstwoplug/ folder

2) Create THREE identical text files containing these lines (this is if you want JUST the game and GBA emulator plugins, if you didn't want the GBA emulator you would need to make 4 of these)
Code:
[plug setting]
icon=fat1:/_dstwoplug/dummy.bmp
name=
Save each of these as 'dummy01.ini','dummy02.ini' and 'dummy03.ini'

3) Copy over ANY nds homebrew (the smaller the better) into '/_dstwoplug/' - rename each of these as 'dummy01.nds','dummy02.nds' and 'dummy03.nds'

So you should end up with something like this
CODE/_dstwo/
/_dstwoplug/
ÂÂÂÂ !
ÂÂÂÂ !- dummy01.ini
ÂÂÂÂ !- dummy01.nds
ÂÂÂÂ !- dummy02.ini
ÂÂÂÂ !- dummy02.nds
ÂÂÂÂ !- dummy03.ini
ÂÂÂÂ !- dummy03.nds
ÂÂÂÂ !- dummy.bmp
ÂÂÂÂ !- gba.bmp
ÂÂÂÂ !- gba.ini
ÂÂÂÂ !- gba.plg
/NDSGBA/
When you start up you will now only see the 'DS_Game' and 'GBA' icons - BUT when scrolling there will be 3 'blank' spaces

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Terminator02 said:
that's normal, it's just loading your save state

Apparently it's screwing something up since my save file just became corrupted...

Edit: I notice some glitches occurring after loading from the real time save, I'm assuming using the in-game save while the game is glitchy resulted in the corrupted in-game save file....so something is definitely buggy with the real time load at least.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Terminator02 said:
what game?
did u format with the panasonic sd formatter?
are you on the latest EOS?

Pokemon black.

Yeah, I formatted it with that program, I followed your beginner's guide. The updated one from filetrip.
I downloaded the most recent updates from the supercard site

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiabloStorm said:
Terminator02 said:
How filled up was your sd card? I've heard of corruption when the card is so filled up that the dstwo doesn't have enough room to write something and it corrupts

It has almost a GB left
i don't really know what to tell you other than you've gotten some weird bug, is the same thing happening with any other games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍