Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If they follow up on what they said about the features, I'll definitely consider purchasing this.

Now people will legitimately ask how they could get GBA games on their flashcarts
tongue.gif

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cablephish said:
If they follow up on what they said about the features, I'll definitely consider purchasing this.

Now people will legitimately ask how they could get GBA games on their flashcarts
tongue.gif
While we are that we should change the sticky that says slot 1 cards will never play gba games.
tongue.gif

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta laugh at all the people saying they will get this if it's cheap enough. Even if it costs $60-70, you are still getting something that can load every DS game you can imagine, and a ton more based on the description, for the cost of two real game cartridges.

Kids these days.
rolleyes.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd pay the price if i have the money. But for me, i probably couldn't see myself spending more than $40-$50 for one. I was originally going to get a cycloDS, but those were $50 and I couldn't afford that. So I got a $25 Supercard DS-One. Granted, that was a tough money time, but you get the picture.

I really doubt it will be over $40 actually. For some reason, i just don't see that happening. DX will likely have it for a good price.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do we have an estimate of how much the cart will cost?? also will this cart be bulky like the iplayer??

because supercard is beefing up their cart will other companies follow suit or do even better?

i hope it has a wifi update to update the loader for game fixes like the akaio 1.51, that would be sweet

also will this SNES emulator be better than the one currently out there for the DS?

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
stab244 said:
Hisiru said:
stab244 said:
Isn't CycloDS still the only flashcart that allows for the firmware to be stored on the card rather than the microSD card? Not defending it, but just saying.

Oh well... it's not important for me. Firmware size usually is 6MB or something, I have a 4GB SDHC.
M3 firmware is almost in excess of 90 MB... At least the last time I updated was that big.

You said as if it was a big feature that can make people buy CycloDS but it's not because firmware size for Supercard DSone owners isn't a problem.

I am not saying this feature is useless, just saying that you won't have this problem with a lot of flashcarts.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stab244 said:
Hisiru said:
stab244 said:
Isn't CycloDS still the only flashcart that allows for the firmware to be stored on the card rather than the microSD card? Not defending it, but just saying.

Oh well... it's not important for me. Firmware size usually is 6MB or something, I have a 4GB SDHC.
M3 firmware is almost in excess of 90 MB... At least the last time I updated was that big.
you can delete a lot of the junk and bring the size to around half
all the multilanguage stuff and saves fixes

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:
do we have an estimate of how much the cart will cost??
No.

also will this cart be bulky like the iplayer??
No clue, i didn't even know the iPlayer was bulky.

because supercard is beefing up their cart will other companies follow suit or do even better?

Not sure. It's possible. But Supercard owns the iPlayer, so the internal hardware may or may not belong to them. I guess there will be clones though.

i hope it has a wifi update to update the loader for game fixes like the akaio 1.51, that would be sweet

Would be a cool idea.

also will this SNES emulator be better than the one currently out there for the DS?

Pretty certain it will be miles better than the one currently out. SnemulDS didn't even push the DS to its limits. iPlayer is far more powerful than the DS itself. And those specs are stacked onto preexisting DS hardware.
Answers in quote in bold.

chaotic15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all i gotta say is with this one it better not be as slow loading stuff in the menu and booting up games.....2 with the new features im guessing its gunna run even slower unless they change the menu. but its good for the dsi that i have and all dsi owners because the dsi has so gba slot so its a perfect solution to all the cry babyies that wanna play gba games. but as far as how it runns we shal see.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaotic15 said:
all i gotta say is with this one it better not be as slow loading stuff in the menu and booting up games.....2 with the new features im guessing its gunna run even slower unless they change the menu. but its good for the dsi that i have and all dsi owners because the dsi has so gba slot so its a perfect solution to all the cry babyies that wanna play gba games. but as far as how it runns we shal see.
Of course they will change the menu. It would be ridiculous not to, considering they're taking into account all the complaints about their old slot 1 card. The archaic menu interface was the #1 complaint for most people. And why on earth do you think it will run SLOWER? >_> That makes no sense. The card has its OWN processor and memory many times more powerful than the DS itself. And the GBA and SNES emulators won't slow down the menu. Why on earth would you think more homebrew features would make the MENU slower?

BoxShot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They also made the iPlayer which has a very good gui and is pretty much on par with all the other highly regarded flashcarts.
tongue.gif
So I don't see how they could make it bad since they have proven themselves.

Granville is right too with the high power cpu even a slow menu as the ds one has could be theoretically fast though the ds one gui sucks.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If SNES works (SuperFX included) then I'll be in for it, regardless of GBA. Who needs support for a console who's games all mirrored the SNES?

But seriously. SNES emulation hasn't had updates in a long time (homebrew wise), and it would be real nice to see it fully supported. GBA support is also nice in that you no longer have to use a SLOT-2. Perhaps the company will even stop supporting their SLOT-2 devices?

My only question regards Supercard support. I hear they have infrequent updates. What I don't hear are if there are problems that require more frequent updates, or not.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OrGoN3-

Well I need mah Golden Sun, even if it is a classic-style RPG!
tongue.gif

As for Supercard, they are pretty good at getting out patches for games, or fans will do it if they can. There are frequent patch updates. And they are pretty dedicated to supporting even their older hardware, even slot 2 cards. But most non-working games can generally be fixed by just downloading an updated patch file. And who knows what they intend to do support-wise with the new card? I doubt they'd make a new card and abandon it within a month. They have to build a reputation up if they want to stay tops.

BoxShot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Was 3.0 SP8 released before or after the SCDS1i? If not there has been 1 firmware update I think and a few ndspatch.dat files which aren't even on the main download page only on their bbs. (
tongue.gif
Forgot the release date of the SCDS1i)

I don't need my golden sun or golden sun 2! Why now because I have the real thing and I can play them on my brick! Though would be nice for the slot 1 emulator to get other games.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suddenly I know what card I'm gonna buy next.
I was planning on getting an Iplayer, but now I think I'll wait for this all in one thing.

Hmm, with the CPU enhancment it would be cool to see an enhanced custom menu for it too.
Fancy animations and other random crap.
Like MENUdo quality :3

Then again, all I want is the emulator power boost anyway. :3

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe, I think MENUdo's existence is actually clear that the extra CPU enhancements aren't needed for a menu to look pretty. MENUdo has no issues running on my old Lite!
tongue.gif

But I expect some pretty bells and whistles from the menu. Or at least for it to look good stylistically. If they don't add any eye candy to the menu, it kind of squanders the power. Not that it will make games work any better...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1