Supercard DSTWO announced

freshness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
granville said:
DS is a nice system to put SNES on because 1- the button layout is similar, and 2- it's ultra portable. Honestly, the games that DO work well on SnemulDS with minimal glitches (like Donkey Kong Country for instance) are REALLY fun to play. Proves they could have done well in portable form. And the GBA ports were bad enough that I find a lot more pleasure in playing DKC1 (and even 2) on SnemulDS than the GBA versions.

yeah, because the gba versions really sucked^^ on a micro the games were kinda funny but on ds...no way...the only snes games i would love to play without issues on ds are hagane, demon´s crest and some shooters...

you know if this card will support different movie codecs like the iplayer and if there´s somebody out there who manages to run playstation 1 with the device, i will regret that i bought a dingoo...

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
morcar said:
I think the big question is how good is the SNES emulator on the card i mean will it run the super fx games at full speed and what about mode 7 how good does it do that ?

Yeah, and that question counts for GBA games. Not every Gba game wal playable on Iplayer. And will it be updated?

esserius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sanderino said:
morcar said:
I think the big question is how good is the SNES emulator on the card i mean will it run the super fx games at full speed and what about mode 7 how good does it do that ?

Yeah, and that question counts for GBA games. Not every Gba game wal playable on Iplayer. And will it be updated?
Yeah, updates will be a big issue I imagine. I don't think a static emulator set would go over too well, particularly since these emulators will be proprietary to the DSTwo's custom hardware (at least I think).

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2 was pretty much the top dog thanks to Normmatt. For quite some time now, CycloDS has been out of the running for best card ever. It's still overpriced and doesn't even have a DSi variant yet. Team Cyclops has sort of become complacent and arrogant with their success, and haven't really tried to improve their card much lately.

BTW, I still have to remind people that Team Cyclops was once a pretty low class company. They were notorious for making supercard clones. So I wouldn't give them too much credit for being a reputable company.

esserius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like CycloDS, but I'm up to buy this if it's as good as the hype. I don't really expect it to be, but we'll see.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First word from Supercard team personally over at the Supercard forums. Not only do they claim that they intend to completely redesign the GUI, they have a single screenshot of the real time cheat feature, of the menu being brought up mid-game:

(lol nice mushroom)

0911251740f7a3c9303dfc6098.jpg

(btw, new logo if you look closely, the icon looks similar to the MS Windows icon actually...)

Looks miles better than the tacky old style. And it looks like we might actually be able to read what it says this time! Here's what Godslash, and admin there, had to say-

Godslash- "After got a lot of suggestions from customers of DSONE, DSTWO cheat code system designed more easy to use and powerful. It's totally compatible with R4 and TT cheat code, it's very easy to use and do not need to have thousand of cheat code files in the folder.

Base of the new hardware, we redesign a new UI for DSTWO, it's much better than before.
DSTWO cheat code system not only compatible with R4 and TT cheat code, but also keep the real time cheat code system like DSONE. DSTWO cheat code system use own CPU power, so it's more stable and powerful, player can call out the cheat menu in the game whenever they want."

http://forum.supercard.sc/redirect.php?tid...stpost#lastpost

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
granville said:
Not only do they claim that they intend to completely redesign the GUI, they have a single screenshot of the real time cheat feature, of the menu being brought up mid-game:

"Intend" is the keyword for me here. That implies that they have yet to develop the GUI. Darnit, I want DSTWO nao!
I had my hopes up that the DSTWO might be the ominous flashcard that SoulAnger was talking about, when he mentioned that he was in talks with a flashcard developer who wanted to use menuDO for its new card.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
sepinho said:
granville said:
Not only do they claim that they intend to completely redesign the GUI, they have a single screenshot of the real time cheat feature, of the menu being brought up mid-game:

"Intend" is the keyword for me here. That implies that they have yet to develop the GUI. Darnit, I want DSTWO nao!
I had my hopes up that the DSTWO might be the ominous flashcard that SoulAnger was talking about, when he mentioned that he was in talks with a flashcard developer who wanted to use menuDO for its new card.
You know something - I'd completely forgot about that statement - Could it be MenuDo will FINALLY be seen to the public ???

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CannonFoddr said:
Could it be MenuDo will FINALLY be seen to the public ???

I think I recall him saying that the negotiations were called off, so I highly doubt that the DSTWO would come with menuDO as its firmware.

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
Well currently Soulanger doesn't have a flashcart for MENUdo, though I'll keep pestering him to get in touch with Supercard.

I mean, SCDSTWO and MENUdo... that's just awesome.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag