Hacking Supercard DSOnei Mini

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's obvious that the battery is used to update the firmware. The USB device that came with the old DSonei was only used to provide power to execute the upgrade. To cut costs the new card carries it's own juice. You shouldn't even have to have this card in a DS to upgrade.

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Fireballo said:
I think it's obvious that the battery is used to update the firmware. The USB device that came with the old DSonei was only used to provide power to execute the upgrade. To cut costs the new card carries it's own juice. You shouldn't even have to have this card in a DS to upgrade.
that is what i am thinking

but im seriously wishing it has a built on 3 in 1
rolleyes.gif

i know it is impossible DONT FLAME ME

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fireballo said:
It is my understanding that the reason for the cable was not only to provide power, but that that provision of power was the signal to the device to update itself. However, if it has permanent power via a battery, how will the update be signalled?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe the battery is to provide a way for ROM to save into a SRAM when you run it in clean mode. Once you restart the flashcart it'll copy the save back into micro SD.

Kwigg

Trophies
Website
Don't have one
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Fireballo said:
It is my understanding that the reason for the cable was not only to provide power, but that that provision of power was the signal to the device to update itself. However, if it has permanent power via a battery, how will the update be signalled?
Maybe how the DS2 knows when to update, a new file placed in a folder on the MicroSD

D

Deleted-236924

kiafazool said:
Fireballo said:
that is what i am thinking

but im seriously wishing it has a built on 3 in 1
rolleyes.gif

i know it is impossible DONT FLAME ME

A battery wouldn't make a slot-1 capable of running GBA games by itself.
Besides, there's no rumble thing in it, so it couldn't be a 3in1.

QUOTE(trumpet-205 @ Jan 2 2011, 06:59 PM)
I believe the battery is to provide a way for ROM to save into a SRAM when you run it in clean mode. Once you restart the flashcart it'll copy the save back into micro SD.
That's stupid, really.
Back to the era of GBA flashcarts when we kept losing our save files from faulty batteries.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
trumpet-205 said:
That's stupid, really.
Back to the era of GBA flashcarts when we kept losing our save files from faulty batteries.
Found the post about battery ---> http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-942-1-1.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm