Hacking Supercard DS One: Does MicroSD Brand Still Matter?

Foxle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that when GBATemp did their official review of this card that what brand MicroSD card you used mattered heavily. I made sure to order a Kingston Japan 1GB with my Supercard when I bought it, but due to a shipping problem my Supercard is going to show up long before my MicroSD card will. I'm thinking of just going and buying one off the shelf, and canceling my Kingston order. So my question to you guys is:

Does the brand of the MicroSD still matter for compatability on the Supercard DS One? Particularly, does the 1GB Sandisk card work well?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm tired of people thinking the old review for the SCDS1 is still the one for the current V3 version... The newer version is fine.... It has none of the problems listed on the Con section now, and made lots of improvements....

Back on topic, not exactly. I'm using a Sandisk 8 gig SDHC class 4. It works, and plays fine, even on the Castlevania games. But as mentioned, the opening cutscene still lags, and for some reason, any games can freeze at any point, if your using a slow micro sd. But also, there is a DMA mode that speeds up slower micro sd cards. Also, if you're not satisfied with the speed, change the GUI with the tripple loader.

And, Japanese kingstons are still recommended for this cart, but the other choices still work fine. If you use other choices, remember that it might freeze fairly often. But it doesn't freeze so much, that the games will be unplayable. I beat a lot of games on it without freezing.

Berkut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I am using A-Data 4 gig SDHC Class 6 card and it's fine. No problems of any kind, then again I haven't tried Castlevania yet.

kthankzbye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also using the A-Data 4 Gig SDHC Class 6. No problems and working fine. If you're in the US, you can pick one at at newegg.com for $23-$25 shipped reallly fast.

Berkut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kthankzbye. Yea, prices on SDHC cards are dropping every week. Newegg just had that card for $20.49-$5 (rebate) + $2 (shipping USPS) = $17.49 shipped... Crazy!
smile.gif

Berkut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested latest Castlevania game and didn't see any lag/slowdown on my Class 6 card during opening movie/scene.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la