biggrin.gif

I hope someone will make a patch for the r4 now :\

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
raul resumed the whole thing...

toni, can you edit the topic title to say SuperCard DS instead of SCDS? maybe it can sort things out

NextStep

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nice, gj SC team
smile.gif

(though i won't be able to play this until midnight)

question: does it work with trimmed roms, or does it need to be clean?

mike031

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok thanks but sorry it doesn't work for me. Game frozen after half hour with black screen. I use a Supercard DSOnei with EOS Sp1 and last patch but doesn't work. The game is SoulSilver FRENCH. And when i use the new EOS SP2 bêta the game doesn't load, just a white screen frozen after the loading screen of EOS.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mike031 said:
Ok thanks but sorry it doesn't work for me. Game frozen after half hour with black screen. I use a Supercard DSOnei with EOS Sp1 and last patch but doesn't work. The game is SoulSilver FRENCH. And when i use the new EOS SP2 bêta the game doesn't load, just a white screen frozen after the loading screen of EOS.
Since I'm pretty sure that ds1patch.dat works on a per-game basis, and applies the patches only when it finds a specific GameID, it's highly probable that Team SC has set the fix to work only for the (U) GameIDs, as they were the most requested ones.

mike031

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
raulpica said:
mike031 said:
Since I'm pretty sure that ds1patch.dat works on a per-game basis, and applies the patches only when it finds a specific GameID, it's highly probable that Team SC has set the fix to work only for the (U) GameIDs, as they were the most requested ones.
Ok but don't forgot Frenchies
tongue.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mike031 said:
raulpica said:
mike031 said:
Ok but don't forgot Frenchies
tongue.gif
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that they'll use the fix also on the other versions, when the SP2 Final comes out
tongue.gif

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
mike031 said:
White screens on ROM load usually hint to a slow memory. Go to the EOS settings and make sure it's set to run in patched mode, then set the speed to say, 3x. If not, revert to the old OS and keep only the new ds1patch.dat file.

5 hours into soulsilver, got third badge and I'm in ekruteak and not a single freeze.

mike031

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Searinox said:
mike031 said:
White screens on ROM load usually hint to a slow memory. Go to the EOS settings and make sure it's set to run in patched mode, then set the speed to say, 3x. If not, revert to the old OS and keep only the new ds1patch.dat file.

5 hours into soulsilver, got third badge and I'm in ekruteak and not a single freeze.
That's what i do but seems don't works... Old OS works with new patch and game is loading but not with the new SP2 bêta but with SP2, Castlevania DoS intro is ok
wink.gif
(i use MicroSD 2Go Kingston Japan)

DD15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I have a question..is posible to use the ".dat" archive from the SC..in a R4DS?..or it's totally imposible?

(sorry for my english xD)
(sorry for be a Noob -_-)
Thanks
biggrin.gif

Makoto0729

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... It doesn't work, at least it didn't for me. I just was on my way to Sudowoodo with the Squirtbottle, left the National Park on my way there, and it froze.

I only very rarely froze before, even post-Whitney, and still don't, but considering it happened as I exited the building on the way to the route, before it loaded, and went black-screen on me... I think it might be that, not some memory error or such...

Edit: Also, just a heads-up, keeping the entire SP2 caused the EOS to freeze just loading up my games, so I only had the ndspatch.dat changed.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I am begining to think I made a mistake by mashing the two up into a single archive. Some people are having issues with the EOS and can't tell wether it's the OS or the patch that's broken. I am going to edit the main post and fix that.

There, should be easier for people now.

For all those who report problems with the game: the only variables between users is the microSD and filesystem you are using. The Pokemon patch CANNOT be failing from those because the patch only writes to the DS memory, which is the same for every user. If you are experiencing issues, it's an OS problem. Keep your old version of EOS and only put the patch in.

Makoto0729

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
I am begining to think I made a mistake by mashing the two up into a single archive. Some people are having issues with the EOS and can't tell wether it's the OS or the patch that's broken. I am going to edit the main post and fix that.

There, should be easier for people now.

For all those who report problems with the game: the only variables between users is the microSD and filesystem you are using. The Pokemon patch CANNOT be failing from those because the patch only writes to the DS memory, which is the same for every user. If you are experiencing issues, it's an OS problem. Keep your old OS and only put the patch in.

When I updated the OS from the old EOS to this one, I froze just in the system menu, and with just the ds1patch.dat file with the latest stable EOS, froze where I mentioned before, is what I was saying.

I used the SDHC version, with a 4 GB PNY MicroSD, if it helps with anything. And yes, my DS One is a DS One SDHC too, so I made sure it all checked out. The only issue I can think there might be is the brand of MicroSD card or maybe filesystem... People reeeeeally like Kingston for these, and I have just regular FAT, not FAT32.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo