Hacking [Supercard 4in1 DSTWO Plus] MicroSD Card No Longer Recognized by Windows 10

Topaz Light

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, about a month ago, I decided I wanted to add more DS games to my Supercard 4in1 DSTWO Plus, only to find that my computer wouldn't recognize the MicroSD card at all. As in, it wouldn't even acknowledge that there was an SD card inserted at all.

This is not an issue of my computer not reading MicroSD cards period, as it can still read from and write to my New 3DS's MicroSD card just fine.
It's also not an issue with the Supercard's MicroSD card being bricked or anything, since its contents still show up just fine and are perfectly playable when the Supercard is inserted into my New 3DS.

However, for reasons of which I am unaware, my computer will not recognize this MicroSD card in particular.
My operating system is Windows 10 Home, version 1903, OS build 18362.1016, if that's relevant,
and the MicroSD card is... an EMTEC ECMSDM16GHC10GP Class 10 16GB MicroSD Memory Card Gold Plus, I believe.

I would really like to be able to add more games, mess with save files, etc. on this SD card, but I'm not really sure what the problem is or how to fix it (if it can be fixed). I figured this would be a good place to ask about it.

Last edited by Topaz Light,

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, about a month ago, I decided I wanted to add more DS games to my Supercard 4in1 DSTWO Plus, only to find that my computer wouldn't recognize the MicroSD card at all. As in, it wouldn't even acknowledge that there was an SD card inserted at all.

This is not an issue of my computer not reading MicroSD cards period, as it can still read from and write to my New 3DS's MicroSD card just fine.
It's also not an issue with the Supercard's MicroSD card being bricked or anything, since its contents still show up just fine and are perfectly playable when the Supercard is inserted into my New 3DS.

However, for reasons of which I am unaware, my computer will not recognize this MicroSD card in particular.
My operating system is Windows 10 Home, version 1903, OS build 18362.1016, if that's relevant,
and the MicroSD card is... an EMTEC ECMSDM16GHC10GP Class 10 16GB MicroSD Memory Card Gold Plus, I believe.

I would really like to be able to add more games, mess with save files, etc. on this SD card, but I'm not really sure what the problem is or how to fix it (if it can be fixed). I figured this would be a good place to ask about it.

I’d recommend trying the SD card in a different computer, or maybe a different reader. When you can access it, copy everything off it, format it (also verify it with the tool the 3DS CFW tutorials recommend) and copy everything back on. I don’t know what the problem is, but this will hopefully fix it.

Another idea would be to insert the problem SD card into your 3DS directly and copy everything off it with the WiFi microSD management function. But I can’t remember whether you need to format the SD card before the 3DS can read it, and how changing SD card will affect any CFW you have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2