Hacking Superbricked Acekard 2i - hopeless?

KaiBosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really want to like this card, but from day one this thing has been a pain in the ass. It pretty much takes a surgical procedure to take the SD card in and out, okay I could live with that. Did the firmware, did the danny phantom hack, put the 1.4.1 akaio on there, everything worked fine.... For a couple of days. The files would corrupt and not load the OS. Panasonic formatter and a fresh mirror of the OS, things would work again. Then it would do it again. And again. Tried the soft reset, it would reset alright - and corrupt the OS too.

Now, about 2 weeks old, the card simply died. The DSi (or my DSlite) simply doesn't see the card. Shimming in seventeen different ways never even makes it flicker. Jamming a block of wood in behind the card doesn't accomplish anything. Setting off a thermonuclear device against the back of the card in an effort to force contact between the pins doesn't do anything. Channeling the energy of a Dyson sphere into a hydraulic cylinder to crush the card into the contacts until a singularity forms and medieval soldiers come galloping out on mutant horses from an alternate timeline still fails to make the card show up.

I am going to go right ahead and say that the card is DEAD. My question is, why? Is this common? I am quite sure it is a legit acekard, and honestly when dealing with this kind of hardware I am not too shocked when something goes wrong. That said, I have never had a supercard product fail on me across several different types and revisions. How many people have had an ultrabrick happen to them with this card?

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thats odd....never heard that before
i think its a hard ware problem, sometimes it loads the menu and sometimes it doesnt and now its totally broken
i too have an ak2i and it hasnt given me a problem siince day one
just to make sure u card isnt a fake, check if it have an actel chip on it or if it has a diff chip, if it has no chip then it meens is real and also if it has ana actel chip same thing
if it has a different chip then its a fake and u can see why that occured

try downlopadinakaio again, maybe it was a bad file

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
KaiBosh said:
Shimming in seventeen different ways never even makes it flicker. Jamming a block of wood in behind the card doesn't accomplish anything. Setting off a thermonuclear device against the back of the card in an effort to force contact between the pins doesn't do anything. Channeling the energy of a Dyson sphere into a hydraulic cylinder to crush the card into the contacts until a singularity forms and medieval soldiers come galloping out on mutant horses from an alternate timeline still fails to make the card show up.
I am afraid that by doing this, you might have not only offed the card for good, but also voided the warranty. I am sure that does not cover thermonuclear decives or singularities.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not a common problem. I have 2 Acekard2i and they haven't given me problems since day one. You may have had a bad one. You know you're suppose to push down on the microSD card to remove and insert because it's spring loaded right? It's not hard at all, my 5 year old nephew does it all the time.

You may have a bad microSD as well. Try a different one because the Acekard2i wouldn't corrupt files on it unless there's something wrong with the flashcard. You didn't say which loader you were using. Soft reset is broken in the latest one, all you get is a blank screen. Use the May 30th one instead.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6106

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the ak2i is known for having a crappy build, a bad msd slot/spring which can cause msd seat issues, connection problems, and bootloader bricks. verify that it is a real acekard 2i then contact your supplier and ask for a new card. all real acekards have a 1 yr warranty.

-another world

KaiBosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the advice, except for the people who suggest putting a different SD card/firmware on there. Please explain to me how this could ever make a difference when the card simply will not show up.

I like to always give hardware the benefit of the doubt, but this thing is DEAD. I guess my real question is, what alternatives to an acekard are there? Anything?

Quick-zeno

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know how you ran the 1.4 fix right?
Well when you got it, two files come in the .rar/.zip

The one that says "AK2i_firmware_DSL_1.4" is what you want.
(The following will require another card, not having to be an ak2i)

Copy that to a working Micro SD, put it into another flash cart.
Run that on the other flashcard, then it will say "Eject card and reinsert" or something along those lines.

Instead of reinserting, swap the cards, so when you put in the broken ak2.
It should show up with a bunch of things, run the update, reboot and your ak2i should show up again.

After, peel the sticker of your AK2i and if it says anything other then "Acetel", like "xLinux" It is fake.
You could open the card up and have a fiddle with the spring system.

chickenmatt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you, by chance, pee on that AK2i?
rofl2.gif
Cause that is jacked up.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
chickenmatt5 said:
rofl2.gif
Cause that is jacked up.
A very constructive post there. I'm sure the guy will know now not to piss on his electronic items, because it may cause them not to function.

chickenmatt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
chickenmatt5 said:
rofl2.gif
Cause that is jacked up.
A very constructive post there. I'm sure the guy will know now not to piss on his electronic items, because it may cause them not to function.
My friend pissed on his R4i and it sizzled a little when he tried using it in his DS. Then the screen turned green.
nds.gif
rofl2.gif

KaiBosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please, for the love of God and all that is Holy... How can people suggest that running a firmware is going to fix this? THE CARD DOES NOT SHOW UP IN ANY DS, DS Lite, or DSi. The Lord Jesus Christ could descend from the heavens in a chariot of fire and ejaculate onto the card and it will not load a new firmware IF IT DOES NOT SHOW AS EXISTING.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
KaiBosh said:
Please, for the love of God and all that is Holy... How can people suggest that running a firmware is going to fix this? THE CARD DOES NOT SHOW UP IN ANY DS, DS Lite, or DSi. The Lord Jesus Christ could descend from the heavens in a chariot of fire and ejaculate onto the card and it will not load a new firmware IF IT DOES NOT SHOW AS EXISTING.
i have the problem that my acekard isn't showing up sometimes. i remove the SD card,put it back in and problem solved. but yeah i've NEVER had anything like you had. my acekard is working great. except for it not showing up rarely. my bet is you bought a fake one :/
but yeah try putting the SD card in the reader. see if it works. just incase delete everything and put just the official firmware back on it.
if it still doesn't work, check if your acekards "teeth" are clean.

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i think that your acekard is the fake one...
is there a chip in your ak ?
i belive that someone mention about the fake acakard....
unsure.gif

Quick-zeno

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KaiBosh said:

So, you've got a better idea? Not being "Send it back" In caps lock?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
KaiBosh said:
No one ever said anything about running the firmware. And there's no need for those capitals.

He suggested that he ran the other update file. You don't need to boot the Acekard at all to run it, just another flashcart and a DSi. But I don't think that would work either, this thing seems dead.

joe90bentley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick message. My wifes acekard 2i wouldnt boot up on her dsi 1.4 firmware. I loaded up the dsl version of the update and my sons dsl , then applied to the acekard and so far it seems to be working.

I hope this is some help to people.

Regards

Joe90
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1