Hacking Super Swing Golf Season 2 NTSC>PAL

stev418

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have tried manual hex edit, and also vmc to get super swing golf season 2 to work on PAL without any success. I realise there is a post confirming working, but that doesnt seem to be the case. Banner loads in game channel, and then boots to black screen, tried 50hz, 60hz, and most mode changes in vmc.

If someone has actually succeeded in ntsc>pal for this game please let me (and many other i suspect) know

thanks

Tsushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bump

I agree, there are a few who have succeded in getting super swing golf season 2 working but there is little information about how they did it.

so... post solution here
toot.gif

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Get the Clean untouched USA iso of Super Swing Golf 2. Do Nothing to if for now.

Grab the PAL freeloader iso.

Using RegionFrii 1.21, open the Freeloader Iso.

In the middle, right click the 00050000 (RMGEyy) bit and select:
Extract to file > From Partition Start.
Call is say: Freeloader_Extract_PAL.part

Once thats done, Still within RegionFrii, open up Super Swing Golf 2.

Do not change the region or anything, simply right click in the same place you did for freeloader:
Inject from file > To Partition Start.
Select the Freeloader_Extract_PAL.part file.

Once that is done, close RegionFrii and burn the Swuper Swing Golf iso, without doing anything else to it.

DO NOT:
- Change region to PAL
- Use VMC or any other video mode changer, the freeloader we have injected will take care of everything.

Now, once burnt, pop it into your wii and away you go.

It will autoboot the freeloader bit, the carry on booting Super Swing Golf 2.

I cant remember if it had an update, but you can actually use Brickblocker too once all the above if finished, but only if you need it. If it has no update, dont use it.

The exact same method works for Trauma Centre New Blood and i have both the above games running on my PAL wii at 480p.

There are no Europe dates for either of these games, so at least we can play them now.

For added info, the above method also works for Japanese WiiFit, which previously didnt boot. This does contain an update and its all in Japanese. But you can boot as far until it asks to pair up the Balance Board... i didnt have one to try. Yet.

Tsushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thnx man, i was waiting for something like this,

yeeey for golf
tongue.gif

edit:
Wow even no need for a wii freeloader disc
ohmy.gif
, kudo's for this method man kudo's
bow.gif
bow.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

Tsushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok it still works with me so no questions there, but i still have 1 question.

When i'm in my wii menu and I insert the disc of super swing 2, the screen goes al whacky 2 times and then i'll be able to play.

Is my wii going to brick if i keep doing that with games cuz it doesnt seem like it is supposed to do that?

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did Nintendo's latest update render this nifty trick useless? I've finally gotten around to injecting the freeloader code into ssg2. The disk does its fuzzy thingy, then I get a Wii error code. I've read somewhere that the latest update fixed the bug freeloader was (ab)using. I guess I shouldn't have updated my Wii.

mchomicz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sepinho said:
Did Nintendo's latest update render this nifty trick useless? I've finally gotten around to injecting the freeloader code into ssg2. The disk does its fuzzy thingy, then I get a Wii error code. I've read somewhere that the latest update fixed the bug freeloader was (ab)using. I guess I shouldn't have updated my Wii.
Not sure what the LATEST latest update is - but I have 3.2E plus update from Mario Kart Wii and this 'trick' did work on my Wii. Interestingly enough - Freeloader itself does not appear to work on my Wii (I do not get the double display 'glitch' that indicates Freeloader worked). But I patched an ISO of Super Swing Golf 2 with data extracted from Freeloader's ISO exactly as described by aligborat69 (but did not use Brickblocker) and the game now loads and plays correctly. So thank you aligborat69
bow.gif
! In case it's relevant: my TV is set to EDTV/HDTV (480p) and to 16:9.

Thanks again,
Michael

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill