Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jackdanielchan said:
I can't load Brawl Plus... I'm on Sys Menu 4.2, and when loading Gecko I get a code saying that the SD codes are too long etc. My textures aren't loading aswell, however I haven't renamed them to Fit*character*.psc, only *nameofdownloadedfile*01.psc (I have also used 02, 03 etc before ending with .psc)... Any help please?

Try using Gecko OS 1.9.1. If that doesn't help, hop on to the chat.

You just answered your own texture problem. lol. You must rename them to something specific and place them in the correct directory. Some characters require you to have the .pac that came with the texture hack as well. I believe those were Wario, Bowser, ZSS/Samus, Sheik/Zelda, PT.

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
How does L-cancel work in brawl+? Do you need to press a button or is it automatic?

And when are we going to have our sf4 match?

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no L-canceling in Brawl+. We just reduced landing lag by a lot for most of the moves. People have debated whether or not we should have L-canceling and we came to a conclusion that L-cancel isn't important. It would be alienating the people who are looking forward to Brawl+ but only have experience from Brawl. Basically, once you get used to L-canceling, there's not a moment you wouldn't L-cancel which renders it as an unnecessary technique for Brawl+

And what about SF4? Are you talking to me?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Huh. Why does a party game need to be balanced, huh? People take this game too seriously.

smileipb2.png

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tropicana said:
Huh. Why does a party game need to be balanced, huh? People take this game too seriously.

smileipb2.png

Because many games can be played competitively. This "party game" happens to be seen as a competitive game. I prefer melee over this anyday but its hard to find people within my area that plays melee all the time.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 'fixes' and such for Brawl + are...questionable.
Some are good, others are not.

I'd like it a lot more if I could pick and choose what it did.

TheDarkPaladin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jimkog said:
i've heard that there will be new characters which characters will be??

Actually, there is a new character. I downloaded Zero from Megaman. He completely replaces Link, so if you use Link don't bother. He has a completely new move set and his smash ball attack powers him up even more.

Other than that, yeah there are just new skins. I've seen Toon Ganondorf, you could have a toon battle.

rockmanmegaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Brawl+ is sorta glitchy, or maybe it's just my one. I just hate it when I use Zelda Light Arrow (final smash) and then freezes and they couldv'e gave Solo Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard a final smash too.

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rockmanmegaman said:
Brawl+ is sorta glitchy, or maybe it's just my one. I just hate it when I use Zelda Light Arrow (final smash) and then freezes and they couldv'e gave Solo Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard a final smash too.

You can't edit final smashes as they're hard coded. So no, you can't give them individual final smashes. Brawl+ was meant to be played without final smashes/items. Thus, the "bugs/glitches" because we don't really care about items/final smashes.

-----------------

Brawl+ 6.0 (near gold) release is out.

BionicSonic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We're getting VERY close to the final release (Gold)... character balance is basically done, it's just a matter of adding in the edited stages and adding some extras. Can't promise a date for Gold though other than very soon.

One very good thing that came out of 6.0 for a lot of you: Final Smashes work without freezing
tongue.gif

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BionicSonic said:
We're getting VERY close to the final release (Gold)... character balance is basically done, it's just a matter of adding in the edited stages and adding some extras. Can't promise a date for Gold though other than very soon.

One very good thing that came out of 6.0 for a lot of you: Final Smashes work without freezing
tongue.gif

You want Blind inside you. That is all.

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDarkPaladin said:
jimkog said:
i've heard that there will be new characters which characters will be??

Actually, there is a new character. I downloaded Zero from Megaman. He completely replaces Link, so if you use Link don't bother. He has a completely new move set and his smash ball attack powers him up even more.

Other than that, yeah there are just new skins. I've seen Toon Ganondorf, you could have a toon battle.
What about Mewtwo? Shadow? Dr. Mario? ROY?! (with his normal hair, not Marth's and his moveset from Melee)
These are all being worked on, there are even more too, like Ridley and Pokemon Trainer. It's not just new textures.

TheDarkPaladin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think Ridley would be a little bulky. Dr. Mario is completely the same as Mario. Shadow would be amazing if he was more than a texture. Mewtwo, meh, I didn't like him in Melee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.