Hacking Super Smash Bros Brawl not working with WiiKey?

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I burned several SSBB's but I am not able to get it working on my WiiKey.

What I tried:
- burn on Verbatim -R (4,5GB; DVD5; 2,4x); WiiKey tells me the disc is unreadible, backup loader gamma is loading the game and it works
- burn on Verbatim -R (8GB; DVD9; 2,4x); WiiKey tells me the disc is unreadible, backup loader gamma also does not work.
- original SSBB: working with WiiKey (also without
wink.gif
)

What can I do to get it working with WiiKey?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well gamma loader is not supouse to read DL disc, but many people says it is working for them, but for WiiKey i think you should upgrade the FW, and clean the disc because Gamma loader reload the disc if gets any error, the Disc Channel doesn't....!!!
smile.gif

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used a +R Verbatim which I burned with Imgburn, no layer break specified. Works fine on my Wiikey. I have no clue why it does work with the backuploader, makes me wonder that your Wiikey is faulty or something. Do other games work?

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Never had any problems with my Brawl, I got the US one when it came out, the DVD9 version, then got me a DVD5 one and both work with Freeloader on my PAL 3.2E Wii modded with Wiikey, the game also loads with GeckoOS just fine.

Both my DVD5 and DVD9 versions are burned on Verbatim, though I did have a ton of problems with the DVD9 one, it worked fine at first but since I play a lot of Brawl dang thing got all scratched up so my Wii had a hard time reading the cutscenes and stuff so after finishing the adventure mode I had to get a DVD5 version.

I'm no expert on this stuff, but it could be something with your WiiKey's firmware updates, I have the update after Mario Galaxy and before 1.9s i think, so that's before the one that came out during the summer because that had some issues with GCN games so i never installed it, sorry I can't be more specific but I can't remember what version letter/number that was. It's 1.9 something that I know lol, again right after the SMG update and before the one that came out summer 2008 so look into that.

yakboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:
Never had any problems with my Brawl, I got the US one when it came out, the DVD9 version, then got me a DVD5 one and both work with Freeloader on my PAL 3.2E Wii modded with Wiikey, the game also loads with GeckoOS just fine.

Both my DVD5 and DVD9 versions are burned on Verbatim, though I did have a ton of problems with the DVD9 one, it worked fine at first but since I play a lot of Brawl dang thing got all scratched up so my Wii had a hard time reading the cutscenes and stuff so after finishing the adventure mode I had to get a DVD5 version.

I'm no expert on this stuff, but it could be something with your WiiKey's firmware updates, I have the update after Mario Galaxy and before 1.9s i think, so that's before the one that came out during the summer because that had some issues with GCN games so i never installed it, sorry I can't be more specific but I can't remember what version letter/number that was. It's 1.9 something that I know lol, again right after the SMG update and before the one that came out summer 2008 so look into that.

Can you please tell me the difference between DVD5 and DVD9 versions? IS the DVD 5 the scrubbed version ? The reason I ask is playing this game at x3 speed caused huge lag at the movie sequence before the fight, kinda annoying. I am using softmod CIOS at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end