Hacking Super Smash Bros Black Screen on rxTools

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be sure to disable tubehax DNS, if you had one on, as that will stop you from updating; make sure you're actually in emunand and update.

Jordyboppers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you guys for being so helpful its working just fine now, the 3DS got a tad confused after the update because I had rxtools booting through home menu hax and the first thing the system wanted to do was launch the home menu after a fresh firmware install so I got caught in a bit of a loop. After a couple of power offs it worked itself out :D

EDIT:

Spoke too soon the game crashed shortly into it now the console refuses to boot into Emunand...very strange

Last edited by Jordyboppers,

Jordyboppers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK...seems like I fried my emunand :P not sure what I did wrong it definitely didn't like me updating to the latest software through the native software update or it could be because of using mixed up versions of RXtools as I was swapping them around at various points last night because the main dropbox has been down. Its ok though i'm just going to set up CFW from scratch and start again :P! my SD card was a mess of files i'm going to try and keep everything a lot more simplified this time.

Can anyone confirm if emunand and rxtools supports 10.3 ? I have been reading people say do not go past 9.5, is this still the case just so I can eliminate what I did wrong.

demonotaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK...seems like I fried my emunand :P not sure what I did wrong it definitely didn't like me updating to the latest software through the native software update or it could be because of using mixed up versions of RXtools as I was swapping them around at various points last night because the main dropbox has been down. Its ok though i'm just going to set up CFW from scratch and start again :P! my SD card was a mess of files i'm going to try and keep everything a lot more simplified this time.

Can anyone confirm if emunand and rxtools supports 10.3 ? I have been reading people say do not go past 9.5, is this still the case just so I can eliminate what I did wrong.

Depends on what your 3ds is, O3ds can do 10.3; while N3ds can only go to 9.5

Jordyboppers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah ok I have an O3DS so I guess it must have been my tinkering with RXtools and fixes for Smash before it was suggested I could have just updated the emunand firmware, i'm just about to start the cfw install process again so I will update if it corrects the smash black screen.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Ah ok I have an O3DS so I guess it must have been my tinkering with RXtools and fixes for Smash before it was suggested I could have just updated the emunand firmware, i'm just about to start the cfw install process again so I will update if it corrects the smash black screen.
Rapidly that you get into emunand, update it. Just in case that fixes it. Then install Smash :P

mediabob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue, with a dump of the cart I own and a legit cia I downloaded. Just updated my emunand and installed the updates via cia and it works perfect now.

Mind you my emunand was 6.x so I was probably missing system files the game needs to run.

After updating I did get the black screen for about 15 seconds after first boot so I thought it was going to boot but it did.

On a side not animal crossing happy home designer was hanging at the 3ds screen and updating fixed that one as well.

However for reference I am now playing both games off my own dumps from retail carts so your cia mileage may vary

Jordyboppers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Riiigght ok i'm back in the game I took your advice Tenshi and just updated as soon as I was stable and backed up the new emunand! so far so good now I just have to reinstall all the cia files to see if everything is working like it should :)

EDIT: Yeap that has cured the black screen super smash bros error, was just a case of updating emunand to a higher version firmware, if anyone else new to the scene like me bumps into this one. Thanks all for the help :)

Last edited by Jordyboppers,

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Riiigght ok i'm back in the game I took your advice Tenshi and just updated as soon as I was stable and backed up the new emunand! so far so good now I just have to reinstall all the cia files to see if everything is working like it should :)

EDIT: Yeap that has cured the black screen super smash bros error, was just a case of updating emunand to a higher version firmware, if anyone else new to the scene like me bumps into this one. Thanks all for the help :)
Well glad that you fixed it! :D

I think that when you install Smash on 9.2 then update, the game will still read that the version its on 9.2. Giving you the black screen.

PaolaScorpio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My emunand was in the latest firmware, and yet I never managed to make super smash work. Probably, my problem was the different region set. I now have a working super smash on an EUR o3DS.

Jordyboppers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My emunand was in the latest firmware, and yet I never managed to make super smash work. Probably, my problem was the different region set. I now have a working super smash on an EUR o3DS.
Im playing a US game on my EU console using rxtools perhaps you had a non working .cia? I've not encountered any regional problems been playing US/JP games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-