Gaming Super Smash Bros. 2CD Club Nintendo Exclusive out in Japan already

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
unBH3XL.jpg
Westerners still have to wait but they'll dispatch like in March? Not too far away now. Besides the sound selection of the 2CDs are missing my favourite tunes so I'm just 'eh' now with it.​

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not even sure if my order for the CD went through. Club Nintendo likes to dick me around by lagging and crashing whenever I try to cash in a reward- by reloading the page without submitting the information making me start over and such, or fill in a post-play survey about a game. (suspiciously, surveys always seem to crash only if I criticize a game and write down my opinions on how it could have been better- it's only until I give up and just jot down "game was good" when the survey actually goes through.)

I got a confirmation email, but I kept getting the notification that I'm eligible to collect the CD on the website. I click into it and it reads something like "You have already participated in this promotion. Mewtwo download codes will be sent in the future." I forgot to remove the confirmation email from my spam folder so it was deleted after ten days of receiving it.

I do know for a fact that the soundtrack for A Link Between Worlds worked like a charm. Just waiting on that for now. Don't know when the Smash CD is getting distributed in Australia or if I'm even going to receive it when it does come. Meanwhile, I'm cautious of using the rest of my Club Nintendo points (over 2000) because while the US just got a fuckton of cool stuff on their Club Nintendo the Aussie website hasn't had a peep. I know if I wait too long- all the good stuff (which is scarce enough as it is) will run out of stock, but I also know that if I spend the rest of my Stars something better will come along before Club Nintendo shuts down.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't get it. People actually listen to game music like in their cars or on a walk? You don't hear it enough playing the game for hours?

Shaking my head. :)

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just don't get it. People actually listen to game music like in their cars or on a walk? You don't hear it enough playing the game for hours?

Yup, that's me. ^_^

I have no that much time to play, and I don't need to play if I only want to listen to good music. I don't get why people listen to these senseless chart songs that are played on the radio. I'm not even an english-speaking person and I know that most of the lyrics are total crap. Different worlds, it seems? :mellow:

Reactions: thorasgar

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get me wrong, not tryin to bash anyone. I do not listen to the radio as well. To much repetition drives me nuts. This comes from someone who's wife has worked in radio for the past 25 years and is responsible for playing the same hits over and over. :) Without the masses that like to just hear their favorite songs over and over and over I wouldnt be able to afford all these expensive games for my kids. :)

And by the way, the best music comes from your side of the pond.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I listen to Mario Kart Soundtracks while I drive. Just sayin'.

I feel like Video Game Music has a lot more substance to it than the Pop Music crap that plagues the music industry these days.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I feel like Video Game Music has a lot more substance to it than the Pop Music crap that plagues the music industry these days.
Why are you so biased? Pop music is popular for a reason and it's always been "plaguing the music industry these days" even if we go back 20 or 30 years. Just because you have a specific taste in music doesn't make other music bad. Sometimes the unpopular decision may fit your liking better. I enjoy all sorts of music, from video game music to Taylor Swift to death metal. I find there's qualities in all genres that can be enjoyed. Just felt like saying this, I mean you obviously have an awesome taste in music if you casually listen to Mario Kart soundtracks while driving, I can't think of many people in my circles who'd do that. But there's no point in shaming other genres for lacking "substance" when you clearly are not interested in looking for substance in said genre. ;)

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

It's never enough.

Nintendo games of all have some of my favourite tunes and I'd listen to these VGMs over the overused that everyone hears on TV/Radio/YouTube.

It really sucks that this 2CD Smash release is missing the three best tunes: 1) Brawl Opening, 2) Duck Hunt Remix and 3) Mega Man 2 Medley. :glare:

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought the Smash Bros Wii U and registered both the 3DS Smash and the Wii US Smash's code the same day. Got confirmation of Mewtwo DLC but nothing on the soundtrack. Turns out I registered it... ONE HOUR AFTER THE PROMOTION ENDED.

I went ahead and emailed Nintendo's Customer Support to explain what happened and if they'll take pity on me. Heard nothing back. A CD would be a cool bonus but in reality, I'd probably only listen to it once/rip the sountrack and throw it onto a shelf.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1