mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
thanks for the link, i listen to it soon, just as soon as i get the original soundtrack and listen to them side by side
biggrin.gif
but it probably be just as awesome as the first sound which is coincidentally on my mp3 player and set as my ring tone
biggrin.gif

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
@Blackiris the only thing i found off was the beginning, when you could hear Haken hitting someone =D. Other than that, according to me its slightly better than Trump Card Alteisen, which is quite something, considering how good that one was : D.
So the only thing i have to suggest is slightly edit the beginning maybe, if possible.
Anyway~This goes on my 'Pod too...
*dls and adds*
AND YAY IMA FIRST TO LISTEN.
EDIT: Wait, i should change my criticism a bit. What i mean is only the 'hit sounds'. The voice samples don't sound all that bad. Only the hitting. However, maybe you can use the lazor sound (from the huge friggin lazor he fires at end) for the ending =D
*starts it up AGAIN*

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@mrfatso
Trump Card Alteisen as a ringtone...o_o

@Gundam Eclipse
I see. Well, there are problems with that...if I try recording without the hits, then there will be only the odd sound of the robot's voice getting hit and Haken talking. Without the hitting sounds, Haken's and the robot's voices wouldn't make so much sense ^^;

Also, I do think it's better than Trump Card Alteisen myself, except for a part in the middle where it has to get all FX-fluffy since the melody is generally low. Thanks for the suggestions and comments, and thanks for listening
wink.gif

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@HoTsHoT89
Thanks! You won't be disappointed, that's for sure
happy.gif

...well, except if you notice...

Craaaaaaaap, I never get the first release perfect. There are an exact number of FOUR trumpet notes completely out-of-place. FOUR ._O

I'm gonna upload a fixed version on all the servers that have Last Showdown; re-download only if you're somewhere close to a music perfectionist and don't want a single note mistake. Unfortunately, my internet sucks atm, so this'll have to wait until tomorrow.
frown.gif

(also, it's getting criminally underrated over at NG; but who cares, this remix is for the fans, so
tongue.gif
to all zero-bombers!)

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@Blackiris
First of all, take my review with a grain of salt, as I tend to prefer providing people with constructive comments but somehow it always seems very critical in the end
rolleyes.gif

I'm definitely not disappointed, but there's a few setbacks. Personally I feel that Haken's voice gets in the way with the beats, it drowns his voice in them. I could understand why you want to fit his voice into the track as it fits in during the introduction, but the low quality sampling and volume priority just kills it off. Unless you're able to improve the quality of him blabbling before ripping off the robot to shreds, in my case I'd do without it. Also, I find using original samples a very 'unprofessional' thing
unsure.gif

Again this a matter of personal opinion but the song really jumps straightaway to the 'action', perhaps a little too fast? Some buildup or 'anticipation' might be good, where you can let it all out after 0:32, which seems to be my favorite
smile.gif

Overall you did a good job for your Last Showdown track; I dig the blend of your instruments, and it perfectly captures the moment, as every time I put it on I recall Haken dumping the huge cannon onto someone
laugh.gif
8 out of 10 points for this, and 10 out of 10 points for having the balls to remix more tracks even with the amount of criticism you might be receiving.
tongue.gif
I'll be looking forward to your next one!

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@HoTsHoT89
I'm loving that little grain of salt, HoTsHoT89. The one thing I would love most in a review is that they have both positive and negative sides. I hate reviews of fire (flame and not constructive at all) and somewhat get disappointed at reviews that say it's perfect and the most awesomest thing in the world.

That said, I completely agree. The voice did drown the music out. But you know, I just wanted to try it out to see reactions on whether I should stop it completely or do something about it. I'm leaning on stop, but who knows, if I'm bored...
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, it does jump straight into the action. It has the exact same tempo, but with my style of creating music, it will definitely have the "action knob" on full blast.
rofl2.gif
The SRT remixes I have aren't made to be different but they are made to have exactly the same melodies as the originals. Except with my tweaking.
cool.gif

And after 0:32? Man, I was worried about that part since the main melody was sort of inaudible that I had to turn the fluff level of the orchestra up and utilize the square to substitute and make the main melody louder. Glad it doesn't sound off
smile.gif

Thanks so much for that review HoTsHoT89. I appreciate the people who listen to my creations, but I appreciate even more those who can tell me what I can improve on.
wink.gif

To be honest, I'm running out of motivation to make yet another SRT remix as of now (Trump Card Alteisen was awesome; Last Showdown took a hell lot out of me) and I can only hope that those Elzam, Axel & Ryusei betas will turn into something in the future.

And with that, I give you:

Final Version of Last Showdown (awesome no-error trumpets included):
http://rtnario.wordpress.com/2009/05/06/le...-last-showdown/

--------------------

Off-Topic-ey:
Those SRT remixes took a lot out of me, but not enough to make a Mega Man X side project remix of Spark Mandrill's stage. Apparently.
rofl2.gif

LEAF XCEED Music Division - Spark Mandrill - Short Circuit:
http://rtnario.wordpress.com/2009/05/07/le...-short-circuit/

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
@Blackiris MEGAMAN X REMIX?! DO WANT.
*listens...*
*...10 seconds heard, DOWNLOAD DONE*
Remix of MegaMan Zero's, Zero's theme or thy shall face WRATH! =D!
Seriously, its quite good.
...and i never noticed anything of in Last Showdown o_o
Also, how about trying a remix for KOS-MOS's theme from Endless Frontier? or maybe Suzuka's theme?! Suzuka's theme is definitely a good choice from the way i see it. The music is already so awesome....
Juuuuust a suggestion =D

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@need4speed
Good for you; I'm still at...Megi Castle and I just got Suzuka as a party member XD I've been so busy with music projects that all I ever do is grinding. Not like I don't enjoy that in this game.

...and when are Suzuka's cancels? ._.

EDIT:
@Gundam Eclipse
Wow you popped out of nowhere right there.

Thanks for...downloading the off-topic Mega man X remix after 10 seconds! It's a record!
laugh.gif

And yes, there was something off in Last Showdown. It was four trumpet notes of musical imperfection. I do my best to keep those two words out of my dictionary you see ^^;

About your "requests"...dude, I need a break XD I need just some more rest before I go off creating another huge project (I consider TCA & LS huge). Until then I'm probably gonna go for small melodies, pieces and such.

Until then, listen to a Trombe beta?
rofl2.gif

Balious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help on setting out the skill moves. My characters are currently at level 19 to 22. I have just beaten Dorothy and have KOS-MOS on my team.

Anyone know the best moves to have so they use it all and do the most damage?

misanthrope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What I found is that at this levels you don't wanna go for the most immediate damage, you wanna make sure you connect the longest chain possible.

There are two main stats: Damage and F.Gauge. Either can be either low, mid or high. Most of the skills that have high damage have low gauge and the other way around: lower damage skills have higher gauge. You wanna have a good high gauge skill to start on some enemies, although mid damage is also good since it would break their initial shield faster. The most important part is setting a skill that elevates them in the air, then a mid damage skill, the another low damage skills that elevates them even more and then go for the big damage.

This makes continual chains and less chances of them using force break on you I've found ( thanks to useful advice from the nice people of this forum
biggrin.gif

S

SquallAdv

Hi guys; I've been playing this game and it's really awesome... I really want to go on but I've a big problem...
unsure.gif
After I met with Haken's father in Trodel Stadt -the first city-, when you go north and arrives at Schlafen Celeste's ship, the game freezes with both screens turning black forever. I've tried with the later version of R4, and with Ys Menu, and nothing... Always the same thing...
wacko.gif

Please... Someone help this poor soul...
frown.gif

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
SquallAdv said:
Hi guys; I've been playing this game and it's really awesome... I really want to go on but I've a big problem...
unsure.gif
After I met with Haken's father in the first city, when you go north and arrives at Schlafen Celeste's ship, the game freezes with both screens turning black forever. I've tried with the later version of R4, and with Ys Menu, and nothing... Always the same thing...
wacko.gif

Please... Someone help this poor soul...
frown.gif

Yoow well, maybe you have downloaded a bad dump? ;O

S

SquallAdv

I thought of that too, but after trying the game with 3 different roms and getting the same problem..... That's not the case
frown.gif

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blackiris said:
...and when are Suzuka's cancels? ._.

Off the top of my head (ie no attack names);
-first attack cancels after JyakiGunOh jumps back, and BEFORE it starts shooting with it's shouldercannons (which is the final phase of that attack)
-second attack cancels while JyakiGunOh is spamming missiles
-I never use Suzuka Beat (either for canceling, or at all, because you get better attacks later on) so no idea there

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
SquallAdv said:
I thought of that too, but after trying the game with 3 different roms and getting the same problem..... That's not the case
frown.gif

Uhh..? :S That's daam strange I'd suggest to look on other sites because I'm using Ysmenu on my R4 to, have the latest firmware and all and it works on mine..

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok that sucked.....

I fight what I found out to be the final boss and i'm doing ok and he's down to about 1/3 or less health and all of a sudden he does some kind of attack that killed me in one shot(despite having good health on my characters)
mad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...