Hacking Super Nintendo Emulation Wii 804 games

garyla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have recently downloaded a wii torrent hoping to play snes games on the wii thrugh emulation, after extracting it, it bcame an iso folder
The content of the folder is as followed (will name files associated with snes) :

Apps = DVDtoSD0.1.1.dol , SDload.dol , snes9xGx201b8-mcslota.dol
Config = openwii.dol , wiifree.dol , yaosm.dol
Roms = Snes roms in (.smc) format
boot.catalog
bootldr.dol

I would like to know if by burning this through IMGburn, that it will work? Because I heard from somewhere that it could brick or cause errors on the wii. Can anyone clarify that i have the right files and that it will work 100%

Thanks in advance.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you need to put it on an SD and load it with SC BOOT through a Gecko.

Just grab this one

Wii NTSC Multi-Boot Rom/Emulator Pack (NES.SNES.SMS.SMD.PCE)

google that, or search on your favorite torrent sites

garyla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you need to put it on an SD and load it with SC BOOT through a Gecko.

Just grab this one

Wii NTSC Multi-Boot Rom/Emulator Pack (NES.SNES.SMS.SMD.PCE)

google that, or search on your favorite torrent sites

Thanks

So the only way to play the .iso i have downloaded, is by putting the files onto an 2GB SD card and boot it through Gecko (gamecube memory card SD homebrew card reader) ?

Because i was hopying that i can just play it via burning it through IMGburn and loading it as a gamecube game with a gamecube pad plugged in. As said by some people that downloaded the same thing i did.

Thanks in advance

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dam i cant find Wii NTSC Multi-Boot Rom/Emulator Pack (NES.SNES.SMS.SMD.PCE)
frown.gif
its only on a privert torrent tracker that dosnt have any signups atm

garyla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I burned the iso, and it worked
laugh.gif
however, i attempted two player, but it didnt work. I however used a third party nintendo pad for playr two
blink.gif

Can anyone verify whether two player would work with two official nintendo pads?

Thanks in advance

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I haven't read through the topic so if anything of this is already answered, then...

I have recently downloaded a wii torrent hoping to play snes games on the wii thrugh emulation, after extracting it, it bcame an iso folder
The content of the folder is as followed (will name files associated with snes) :

Apps = DVDtoSD0.1.1.dol , SDload.dol , snes9xGx201b8-mcslota.dol
Config = openwii.dol , wiifree.dol , yaosm.dol
Roms = Snes roms in (.smc) format
boot.catalog
bootldr.dol

I would like to know if by burning this through IMGburn, that it will work? Because I heard from somewhere that it could brick or cause errors on the wii. Can anyone clarify that i have the right files and that it will work 100%

Thanks in advance.
I downloaded a Wii torrent with 750+ SNES roms a while ago, it didn't work on 3.0+ but worked through GCOS.
However, i extracted the SNES roms out of it and put them on a different disc (3.0+ multi-modchip config disk with GCOS that I found on the internet, which had lots of emus, some apps and games) which worked great. It had everything you mentioned and more.

So I suppose it should work and I don't see how it can brick your Wii. If it's not recognized by the Wii, it's probably not 3.0+ compatible.

EDIT: I read the posts, and here's something that will clarify things:
GCOS and Snes9x GX both run as NTSC, so they will work on both PAL and NTSC TV sets/Wiis. I have a PAL TV set and PAL Wii.
Multiplayer should work fine with official nintendo GC-controllers, that's what I use and I've tried multiplayer.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
However, i extracted the SNES roms out of it and put them on a different disc (3.0+ multi-modchip config disk with GCOS that I found on the internet

How did you extract those roms from the iso?
I want to do the same thing: extract the roms from an old iso and put them on a new disc with a newer snes9xgx

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
Two player works. I've been running these old emus for a long time. Usually if you don't have the second controller already in, it won't be recognized.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I succesfully extracted the roms and ready to build the new iso
But the readme from bootabledisc3 says 'Also place a file in the same folder that is at least 500MB. It doesn't matter what it is, it's just for padding.'
The folder with the ROMS is already over 600MB, is it still neccessary to place such a dummy file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night