Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure their design and marketing teams will rest easier at night.Â
smile.gif
We all know companys dont give a crap what there fans want, mailing them would be futile. Nintendo should just use carts that work just like smart media cards or the things they put in the iQue player, that would work.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyway....*staying on topic*.

That's one nice video Lord Graga...it'd be great if you worked on it some more *hint, hint*.
happy.gif

(Can't afford a GP32
frown.gif
)

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The video (pick a random mirror):

Shaunj66
Lord Graga
Garp

Thank you.
Lost in this extraordinarily entertaining discussion on handheld video game matters was Lord Graga's video of a working SNES emulator for the GBA.

I respectfully quote that now to make sure more people see it.
smile.gif

-EDIT-

Thanks for the civil discussion Ace. I appreciate a good discussion/debate that can remain civil while reflecting vastly different viewpoints.
smile.gif

Lord Graga

He's the llamamaster!
Trophies
Website
graga.tri-bit.biz
XP
Country
Anyway....*staying on topic*.

That's one nice video Lord Graga...it'd be great if you worked on it some more *hint, hint*.Â
happy.gif

(Can't afford a GP32Â
frown.gif
)
It isn't my code. I got it from the author (which I won't mention here. I want him to have as much peace to code as possible).

thanks Kota
smile.gif

Woxxy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, personally, i think yes, they will loose the backwards compatability, but on the other hand, maybe they can still emulate the older systems (so you could by gba games for the new console).
sony is entering this market, not to have a piece of it, but all of it.
this is pure marketing.
they want $$$.
if you were a business, would you wanna take a huge risk by entering the market, without wanting it all?
they are aiming to get all of it, even if that's virtually impossible. what they most likely will get, is more than half of it, cause nintendo have proven themselves to always drawing the short straw.
If the PSP is really good and has lots of cool features, and nintendo comes out with a better console a year after that, sony will still own most of the market, since people have already bought the psp and are not willing to spend more cash on a new system, when the psp works good and has more games.

what nintendo needs to do, is to get a CD-drive for their new handheld and hopefully as good hardware as the n64, or better, with gba/c/m and NES emulation.

this would result in a huge price for the machine, and unless the nintendo machine comes out before the psp, nintendo will loose this round.

after that, it's byebye nintendo!

nintendo should also target their audience at all ages, or maybe even at 15+, cause that's where the real money lies.

10 years ago, the only gamers would be kids growing up with the games, but this has changed, and unless nintendo realises that the money lies in the older generation, nintendo will be left behind.

sooooo... in order for nintendo to succeed
nintendo machine should be released earlier than psp
should have backwards compatability to all their other handhelds (or at least the GBA)
and must be priced reasonably.

good luck on that one!
if they actually can pull this off (which they're most likely not to), they would be back in business, leaving the psp behind.
i know it sounds crazy to pull this off, but this is just what they might HAVE to do, to be able to survive.
it's tough times!

kingBLAOW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Congrats on whoever is developing the SNES emulator. Keep up the good work. I am sure everyone appreciates it!! I know I do hehe

Lord Graga

He's the llamamaster!
Trophies
Website
graga.tri-bit.biz
XP
Country
Awesome! An SNES Emu in the works, this is great, whoever is doing this keep up the cool work, thanks for sharing Graga
NP

and for you who is poluting the thread with your cartridge and second gen discussion, go cut down a tree and dig a hole for it. or make a more relevant thread abou it.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Graga: Wheee, that nearly made me wet myself. If I can get my SNES games on my GBA, I'll never leave my house again
biggrin.gif
Tell your friend we're all waiting with bated breath.

D

Djammer

guess what I got...

and I seriously mean it.

I got a working SNES emu for gba. it currently plays SMB3 without too much slowdown.
okay,

you actually have the emu? not just the video?

does it play anything else? if so could you take some pics of it...or vid's.

Cheers,

-=djammer=-

I really hope this is for real!

tongue.gif
cool.gif
tongue.gif

fredfred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Having problems viewing the "trailer".

My Windows Media Player says "Sending request for Codec...Error downloading codec". What codec?

Windows media player OK with my other movies.

Would appreciate any pointers as to what's missing or how I'm supposed to play it? Thanks...
biggrin.gif

Oh yes...penny to a pound of horse *hit - this is again bogus!

I will keep my hat to one side and eat it if necessary...but that won't happen...will it?

Lord Graga

He's the llamamaster!
Trophies
Website
graga.tri-bit.biz
XP
Country
Djammer. I am the 1337est dude here on GBATemp
smile.gif
(with a grain of salt).

I don't lie
smile.gif

As you *might* know, then I do GBADev too. I am where the other GBA devers are. And one of them gave me this
biggrin.gif

It's patched to work with [insert name of the game, I cannot remember it.] only, so I cannot show anything else to you guys
tongue.gif

zloty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
awsome brilliant! omg the gbaSP + a flashcard now will be the ultimate gaming console evar if this gets working 100%, awsome work Lord Graga!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/sCLvocTX2Ug