Super Mario Wonder and Sonic Superstars leaked ahead of release [UPDATE 2]

cyber-hacker-attack-background-skull-free-vector.jpg

October's gaming season for new releases is up ahead, and with it comes the rumours and leaks which are inherently tied to any new big release for AAA titles, and this time it hit two of the biggest gaming mascots in the industry, Sonic & Mario.

Several sources have started to sprout out about a confirmed leaked copy of Sonic Superstars for Switch almost one week ahead of release breaking its street date, and in Mario's case, it seems like the leaked copy that's floating around is the actual Switch demo that's been shared around through selected retailers, like Best Buy, GameStop, Target, & Walmart.

Update: The Mario demo leak is a confirmed hoax and as yet the game has not broken street date.

Update 2: Super Mario Wonder has now leaked ahead of its 20th October release date.

GBAtemp Zero Piracy Tolerance Please remember that sharing copyrighted content or links to where it can be found even through PMs is against the GBAtemp ToS and your posts and accounts can/will be immediately terminated without warning if you do not follow our Terms and Rules

:arrow: https://gbatemp.net/help/terms/

There's rumours about the actual full Super Mario Wonder game also being leaked, but it has yet to be confirmed.

As per usual, links to any kind of piracy content aren't allowed, so be mindful about sharing any sort of links related to the leaked games.

Last edited by shaunj66,

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
hi, someone whos been in all the wonder threads on 4chan.
The demo is real. Whoever has it was posting several screenshots, including hacking in 99 wonder seeds to bypass the demos blockade. They gatekept it and stopped posting screenshots after everyone got tired of begging for it. They haven't posted anything else since. It was played in emulator, not real hardware.

The full game is real and has footage. A person on twitter got it early, made a discord and streamed about 48 minutes of gameplay which has been uploaded. They do not have a modded switch and have explicitly stated they're not interested in modding their only switch.

tl;dr everything so far is real
Yes, I highly doubt it is a hoax, I just saw a bunch of screenshots and footage earlier today.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of impressed it leaked before wonder
it was coming out 3 days before so yeah.

Don't care though as this is a leak of the Switch version. I want the Steam Version as that's likely going to be way better from a performance standpoint

LinkToThePresent

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He has good points about the level design, it seems to suffer from similar issues from the original Sonic the Hedgehog.
see i disagree, The game has a proper nostalgic feel to it. I did find it odd that i was able to get the first emerald within like 40 seconds of playing the first level and there are a fk load of bonus levels in one level. The emerald powers are an "ok" mechanic, i don't have all of them yet to judge. but overall the game itself it fun. reminds me of the first three sonics. There are DEFO issues with the game though, the lighting he is talking about is actually a thing but i honestly think its something that will be patched and fixed.

If you like sonic games you'll like this one. If you're expecting this to be anything but sonic then you're gonna hate it

Reactions: mathew77

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sonic afficionado here: game is really meh. Controls feel clunky rather than fluid. Looks and feels somelike a mobile game (not far off the dreaded sonic 4). Music get’s on my nerves really quick. doesn’t feel “sonic quick”. to many gimmicks that aren’t actually fun.The bonus level where you’re supposed to swing towards the emerald is awful imho. What a pity.
Looking forward to SMW...
That means its probably a pretty alright and fun game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7