Super Mario Wonder and Sonic Superstars leaked ahead of release [UPDATE 2]

cyber-hacker-attack-background-skull-free-vector.jpg

October's gaming season for new releases is up ahead, and with it comes the rumours and leaks which are inherently tied to any new big release for AAA titles, and this time it hit two of the biggest gaming mascots in the industry, Sonic & Mario.

Several sources have started to sprout out about a confirmed leaked copy of Sonic Superstars for Switch almost one week ahead of release breaking its street date, and in Mario's case, it seems like the leaked copy that's floating around is the actual Switch demo that's been shared around through selected retailers, like Best Buy, GameStop, Target, & Walmart.

Update: The Mario demo leak is a confirmed hoax and as yet the game has not broken street date.

Update 2: Super Mario Wonder has now leaked ahead of its 20th October release date.

GBAtemp Zero Piracy Tolerance Please remember that sharing copyrighted content or links to where it can be found even through PMs is against the GBAtemp ToS and your posts and accounts can/will be immediately terminated without warning if you do not follow our Terms and Rules

:arrow: https://gbatemp.net/help/terms/

There's rumours about the actual full Super Mario Wonder game also being leaked, but it has yet to be confirmed.

As per usual, links to any kind of piracy content aren't allowed, so be mindful about sharing any sort of links related to the leaked games.

Last edited by shaunj66,

MightySashiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Sonic afficionado here: game is really meh. Controls feel clunky rather than fluid. Looks and feels somelike a mobile game (not far off the dreaded sonic 4). Music get’s on my nerves really quick. doesn’t feel “sonic quick”. to many gimmicks that aren’t actually fun.The bonus level where you’re supposed to swing towards the emerald is awful imho. What a pity.
Looking forward to SMW...

Etkar.H

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Update your Switch and Atmosphere to the latest.
Welp, stuck on firmware 17.0.0 with no sigpatches.

EDIT: Downgraded firmware to 16.1.0 and Atmosphere to 1.5.5, game installed and ran just fine after that.

Last edited by Etkar.H,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah i know someone who streamed and finished every leaked PS4 and switch game weeks before actual release, maybe they can sue in USA, but they got nothing on someone who lives elsewhere
Well, it's still their property and they have the copyright to it so theoretically they could hire a lawyer in the country that person is in. That'd be kind of ridiculous, but some will protect their IP no matter what.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sonic afficionado here: game is really meh. Controls feel clunky rather than fluid. Looks and feels somelike a mobile game (not far off the dreaded sonic 4). Music get’s on my nerves really quick. doesn’t feel “sonic quick”. to many gimmicks that aren’t actually fun.The bonus level where you’re supposed to swing towards the emerald is awful imho. What a pity.
Looking forward to SMW...
i knew they would find a way to fuck it up. every fucking time. sonic cycle is now complete!

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i knew they would find a way to fuck it up. every fucking time. sonic cycle is now complete!
I can hear Chris Chan screaming in her prison cell because she can't wait for this to release.

• Haha
Reactions: BigOnYa and Dud

MightySashiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Mania was nice, because Sega wasn’t the one making it… Triple Trouble 16bit is really nice too by the way (if only it got a native switch port rather than a clunk android one).

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anything is going to require 17.0.0 yet. sonic works on lower fw as mentioned above. I'm assuming that mario will as well.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's still their property and they have the copyright to it so theoretically they could hire a lawyer in the country that person is in. That'd be kind of ridiculous, but some will protect their IP no matter what.
there is something called the bernie convention signed by over 100 countries which basicly reconizes the DMCA as international law by those countries besides un;ess you live in russia/china or other countries that are hostile to the USA you can be extradited even if your not a US ciitizen for severe DMCA stuff (ooone example being Gary bowser of TX) who is canadian and was extradited to the US to face charges, (a severe ovreach (again) by my own government imo same with Kim dot com in NZ (creator of megaupload/mega.nz) yeah if i was in kim's position i too wouulld hire armed guards and fortify my home

Reactions: Marc_LFD

nepthrowingpudding

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has it been confirmed that the Mario Wonder demo leak was a hoax?
What about the full game tho?
hi, someone whos been in all the wonder threads on 4chan.
The demo is real. Whoever has it was posting several screenshots, including hacking in 99 wonder seeds to bypass the demos blockade. They gatekept it and stopped posting screenshots after everyone got tired of begging for it. They haven't posted anything else since. It was played in emulator, not real hardware.

The full game is real and has footage. A person on twitter got it early, made a discord and streamed about 48 minutes of gameplay which has been uploaded. They do not have a modded switch and have explicitly stated they're not interested in modding their only switch.

tl;dr everything so far is real

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes