Mewgull

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I am newly registered, but I have been viewing the boards for the various help with hacking my Wii, and other hacking inquiries.

Recently, a friend extracted (nearly perfectly) all waves from Super Mario Galaxy, and working great and in full quality as *.wav
He omitted some sounds that were not ripped correctly - which seemed to be various WiiRemote sound effects(?)
I was greatly happy with this, so I attempted to find the sequences in which the instrument samples and sound effects are put to use, to attain the full collection. I have been searching everywhere and am at a loss for what to do now. And I would like your help.

Here is what I did:
With Trucha Signer, I extracted a file called "JaiSeq.arc"
Using rarcdump, I extracted the files from JaiSeq.arc to a directory which contained, it seems, the sequences I've been looking for. But they are all *.szs files!
closedeyes.gif

Most of the files are named, at the end "_midi_cnv.szs"
The only methods (from what I researched so far) of viewing these files are if they are models, and they are not. So, whether they are plain text or code, I would like to somehow read them. That's where your help comes in; I do not know how to program stuff like that.

I would be very appreciative if someone could help me with this endeavour!
Thanks alot

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
While these files are named *.szs, they are actually in a new version of the *.bms file format. Nintendo EAD used this MIDI-like format at least since Zelda Wind Waker and there is at least one tool to convert them to MIDI files - I don't know the name, though, only that it was a PHP script. This tool works very well with the sequences in Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine and Twilight Princess, but it doesn't work well with Mario Galaxy - not because the format is different, but because the Mario Galaxy sequences also contain chords (used for some sound effects) and that makes the resulting MIDI files unbearable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: