bozeefus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there

I tried playing Super Mario Galaxy but my game keeps freezing at the very first cut scene. After Mario reaches the center, there's a cutscene with flying pirate ships. People get frozen, Mario attempts to run away and the game freezes.
frown.gif
The only way out of it is to hold the power button on the Wii game console until it turns off or pull the power cord.

As far as I know:
-It doesn't appear to be a external HD issue; it keeps freezing at the same exact spot.
-I used both USB loader GX and wiiflow - both freeze at the same place in the game

The method in which I modded was via the "Very Simplistic Wii Mod" located here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

If more information is needed, please let me know and thank you guys so much!

bozeefus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I never thought of that! That's a really good idea. Do you know where I can get a savegame file though? I want one that is the earliest without skipping the important stuff (I'm a really big fan of storylines, esp. cheesy Nintendo ones)

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kwartel said:
You should use a savegame that skips the first bit. It worked for me

He shouldn't have to "rig" it to work. I have never had this issue with the game....ever. You probably just have a bad rip.

wim6

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Read this message carefully.......

CLEAN YOUR WII'S AIR INTAKE AND OUTLET WHEN PLAYING IT CAN OVERHEAT AND THI CAUSES THE GAME TO FREEZE UP.....

Searched for this answer for a whole week and it helped my wii....

I'm not making this up..

bozeefus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for all the suggestions

but to get it to work, i had to stick in a game into the DVD drive. i put in paper mario and the cut scene loaded just fine. thanks!

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It froze on you huh. I never had Super Mario Galaxy freeze on me. It might be either a bad rip or just a glitch that I was lucky enough to encounter. of course using the usb loader I have had it freeze off one of my saves but work just fine otherwise....... If it works with a disk in the drive by all means just leave a disk in the drive.

Gobnoblin

Trophies
XP
Country
i had jerky playback on the first cutscene of smg but other than that it plays just fine... hmm this was just off the disc not the hd though bleh

Desert_wolf666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, just got my disk resurfaced twice at Gamerz and it still cuts out at exactly the same point each time, right as the UFO laser-cuts the ground around the castle. I think I can push past it if I had a save game file just beyond it. Pretty much the first chance to save. Could anyone help and send one? I would rather not spend another $45 for another copy of the game and i don't feel like ripping someone off with a bad copy. Thanks in advance to everyone that could and did help!

*****[SIG]*****

badwolf1

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the exact same problem with this game heres how to fix it.....

*you need to use WBFS Manager 3.0 and a copy of Mario Galaxy either the same one that you originaly put on the WBFS HD or another copy

1. Use the WBFS Manager to erase the game from the WBFS HD

2. Once it's been erased use the WBFS Manager to unzip/que up the copy.

3. DO NOT UNZIP/QUE UP ANY OTHER GAMES THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

4. Click the add button to upload the game to the WBFS HD.

That should fix it as far as i can tell the WBFS Manager seems to have trouble copying multipul ISO's propperly.

Hope this helps it worked for me on this game and fixed Sonic Unleashed and Warioware.

vvvx

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I can confirm the issue is due to a hard disk. I have an external 500GB usb hard drive, and it freezes during the intro. To get past the intro, I temporarily used an 8GB usb thumbdrive. After completing the intro, I created a savefile and then copied it to sd card. Note: the included zip also has a "100% completed" save in "Mario" saveslot, copied from somewhere. "Yoshi" saveslot has the game saved at the earliest possible moment, after the intro. The included zip has the necessary directory structure, so just extract it to the root of the sd card. Note: the savefile is for PAL version of super mario galaxy.

Attachments

• super-mario-galaxy-pal.zip
    108.8 KB · Views: 574

Suitcasemcgee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, just got my disk resurfaced twice at Gamerz and it still cuts out at exactly the same point each time, right as the UFO laser-cuts the ground around the castle. I think I can push past it if I had a save game file just beyond it. Pretty much the first chance to save. Could anyone help and send one? I would rather not spend another $45 for another copy of the game and i don't feel like ripping someone off with a bad copy. Thanks in advance to everyone that could and did help!

*****[SIG]*****
I have the exact same problem
does it look like this

VanPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I solved with the WBFS game into an USB formatted in FAT32, passed the black screen part and saved. Later I put the external disk drive again and everything works fine. It seems the error is an external drive reading issue.

Last edited by VanPhoenix,
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw