Hacking Super Mario Galaxy 2

Fitnsfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a softmodded 4.2U system and use CFG USB Loader.
I rented Super Mario Galaxy 2 today with the intention of coming home, ripping it to my HD, and then returning it.
Unfortunately my son was with me, rushed in the door before I realized and put it in the Wii and OK'd his way thru a Wii system update as the game was requiring it.
Interestingly I was able to play the game from the disc and any of my other retail games from the disc.
CFG Loader, however, no longer works.....it stay stuck on the CFG Loaded title screen.
It's almost like the mod never happened?
Should I try to softmod again?
Can I somehow get CFG Loader working again?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure it doesn't happen again:

Priiloader and the like stop disc based system updates.

Fitnsfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
the update on the game installed stub IOSs onto your system.

it pretty much removed your mod.

assuming you have the homebrew channel, bootmii and a NAND backup

just start off patching trucha back in.

http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below

Thanks xzxero....I do have HBC, BootMii, and a Nand backup.
Do I need to restore the backup?
That is the exact guide I followed to mod my Wii in the 1st place.
I'm assuming all my games on the HD are still there....just not readable until I undo everything?
I'll give it a shot.
Thanks again.

rikuumi

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Fitnsfan said:
I have a softmodded 4.2U system and use CFG USB Loader.
I rented Super Mario Galaxy 2 today with the intention of coming home, ripping it to my HD, and then returning it.
Unfortunately my son was with me, rushed in the door before I realized and put it in the Wii and OK'd his way thru a Wii system update as the game was requiring it.
Interestingly I was able to play the game from the disc and any of my other retail games from the disc.
CFG Loader, however, no longer works.....it stay stuck on the CFG Loaded title screen.
It's almost like the mod never happened?
Should I try to softmod again?
Can I somehow get CFG Loader working again?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you spank your son?

rolandde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same vain, different question.

What is the system update that Mario Galaxy 2 puts on your system. Which ios do I have to update so that MG2 loads from the disk channel (without having disk update blocked). I've read it uses IOS56, but I have the most recent version of that.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
rolandde said:

What is the system update that Mario Galaxy 2 puts on your system. Which ios do I have to update so that MG2 loads from the disk channel (without having disk update blocked). I've read it uses IOS56, but I have the most recent version of that.
I think it's 53, but either way, it's a good idea to run DOP-Mii every now and then and install any new IOSes
wink.gif

rolandde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorrycostello said:
rolandde said:

I think it's 53, but either way, it's a good idea to run DOP-Mii every now and then and install any new IOSes
wink.gif

Did that. DOP-Mii tells me that 53, 55, and 56 are all up to date, yet when I insert my MG2 disk it demands a system update. Does the disk look for cios and if it detects them demands a disk update? This is mere curiosity as I have the game safely ripped and playing it of USB loader.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
SMG2 has SM4.2 on it with the most up to date IOS's available which includes stubs, so if you dont have 4.2 SMG2 will promp an update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Pikachu used jumper cables it was sadism lol