W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It9lL.png

Those are the test levels that were left in the final game. I think it is possible to play them in the real game by renaming / replacing some files for other galaxies.

I want to test this, but I don't know what windows CMD I can use with WIT to create an ISO from a FST dump.

Dantarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use codes that switch the levels in the FST.

I will make a video of these levels if they load, possibly.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
W hat said:
I want to test this, but I don't know what windows CMD I can use with WIT to create an ISO from a FST dump.
Just copy it:
CODEwit copy fst_dir new.wdf
# or
wwt -a add fst_dir

If you use --id=K the first char of the ID will be changed to 'K' (like Klone; 'K' seems to be a free letter). See http://wit.wiimm.de/info/composing.html for composing details.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadoxXx said:
There's a rumor about a third playable character, could you have a look inside the image?
Many people have completed the game and hacked it to hell. If it was developed, it would be in the game. Nintendo doesn't make stuff for no purpose.

QUOTE(cthg @ May 31 2010, 12:45 PM) Just run the game with sneek di. It uses the isos extracted anyways.
Sneek is too hard to set up and I have no way to really use it.

I tried file replacement on some galaxies and failed miserably (game freezes every time). I think I'll ask over at Wiird for some codes.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
W hat said:
Many people have completed the game and hacked it to hell. If it was developed, it would be in the game. Nintendo doesn't make stuff for no purpose.
Of course they do. Almost every game has some unused content...hence these test galaxies. Most of the time they find that what they are trying to use is buggy or they just decide not to have it in the final release. Take NSMBW for example. Treekie has found so many things inside the game that just aren't used when you play it. I even remember some of the old sonic games having unfinished levels or unused sprites hidden in the game. This type of stuff almost always exists.
I should have worded that better. What third character would Nintendo develop for SMG2? Peach? Wario? Any character like that would be put in the game.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Aww man, I love debuggy stuff like this. I'm a bit of a fanatic, myself.

I don't think there'd be any new characters. But, it's worth a look, I guess.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
W hat said:
DeadlyFoez said:
W hat said:
Of course they do. Almost every game has some unused content...hence these test galaxies. Most of the time they find that what they are trying to use is buggy or they just decide not to have it in the final release. Take NSMBW for example. Treekie has found so many things inside the game that just aren't used when you play it. I even remember some of the old sonic games having unfinished levels or unused sprites hidden in the game. This type of stuff almost always exists.
I should have worded that better. What third character would Nintendo develop for SMG2? Peach? Wario? Any character like that would be put in the game.
How about Rosalina?

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
W hat said:
DeadlyFoez said:
W hat said:
How about Rosalina?
She has models in the game for specific purposes. Finish the game before you ask about Rosalina.

Treeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
I'm actually pretty sure some of these zones were used in the final game. I played through it with Dolphin, and I think I remember the game having loaded the Test stage files.

I wonder how hard it'd be to add them into an existing galaxy, though...

Treeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Ugothacked said:
Ive been doing some testing, they seem to freeze even when i replace all the required files, let me try a diff one, but the hard part is to know which galaxy is which
tongue.gif
Galaxy name list, extracted from GalaxyWorldOrderList.bcsv in SystemDataTable.arc:
http://treeki.shacknet.nu/GalaxyWorldOrderList.txt

I haven't actually done any editing yet because I don't have a rarc packer or a yaz0 compressor, but I've figured out the format used for all the SMG-specific data files (.bcsv, .bcam, etc).

You're probably running into freezing because the required files aren't being loaded - the "XyzGalaxyUseResource.arc" files specify which files and sounds to load for each galaxy.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
DeadlyFoez said:
W hat said:
Of course they do. Almost every game has some unused content...
EA does it all the time with the sims they leave shit in there and we find it and unlock it
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu