Hacking Super Mario Galaxy 2 Pal

namdo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help please, if this isn't the right section please move it to the right section.
I have an NTSC Wii but i live in the uk. I purchased Super Mario Galaxy 2 today, and when i tried to use the backup loader to play it, it give me an ##002 error.
I have Super Smash Bros Brawl(PAL), Twilight Princess(NTSC) and Super Mario Galaxy 1(PAL), and the backup loader works on them. The backup channel version is "Backup Launcher 0.3 beta"
My Wii Version is "3.2U" and i have the homebrew channel installed also.

What exactly do i need to do to be able to play the game.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You are the most outdated person I've seen here since two months. Congratulations! That's really just wrong...
tongue.gif

Obviously you need to update/use another app. Now, let me summarize:

You want to play the retail SMG2 (PAL) on your NTSC-Wii. To do that, I would use GeckoOS, or update your Backuploader to NeoGamma. Though there isn't really a need to use a Backuploader for retails, IMO. But NeoGamma is still a good choice. Now, Error 002 appears since you haven't updated your Wii, and now it's missing an IOS, which the game requires to play. The most easiest part is to just run the game once through GeckoOS, it will do the rest for you. After that you can play it again through NeoGamma/GeckoOS.

I'm not talking about updating to 4.2, reinstalling/updating all your hacks and the other possibilities, since you seem to be happy with your setup. But just to let you know, many things have happend, good things which are worth an update, new possibilities are here (USBLoading, making a Wii Brck-save, etc.) and maybe you should consider updating, if you have some free time. There are two really good guides here, look at the stickies, or search for CSG (I think this is how it's called).

namdo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot, i just NeoGamma and it worked. I tried using GeckoOS but it didn't work I got the same error. I'm able to play the game using NeoGamma so i'll use for the main time. I'll check the guides on the site and see what is new. Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas