ROM Hack Super Mario Bros. Next - A NSMB2 Mod

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Just ran into a problem. When I typed the command "ctrtool -p --exefs=exefs.bin --romfs=romfs.bin FILENAME.cxi" replacing FILENAME With the name of my .CXI file, it left me with an error message:

"Error, exheader hash mismatch. Wrong key?"

Am I doing anything wrong?
No that's fine. Just continue from that point. The same happened to me and it still worked.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I have the normal US version, and I just tried running the thing through HANs twice, and it says "Romfs path (INVALID)" I have run it under "0007AE00.romfs" and "000400000007ae00.romfs," both in the title folder in the HANS folder.

Both of these just left me with a blank screen.

Is there something I'm missing?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I have the normal US version, and I just tried running the thing through HANs twice, and it says "Romfs path (INVALID)" I have run it under "0007AE00.romfs" and "000400000007ae00.romfs," both in the title folder in the HANS folder.

Both of these just left me with a blank screen.

Is there something I'm missing?
The romfs file should go directly in the HANS folder IIRC.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the Product Code of the Mod if Modded from CIA? Someone did it but the Product Code matches the Eur Version of Final Fantasy Explorers. So if you have this Game, you might need to see about Editing the Code. If you dont plan on using it, then you are good. just take the Code file from Gateshark and figure out what Region of NSMB2 works best with it.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you configure HANS to load the romfs from SD, it should tell you the path it's going to use. Is the romfs file in exactly that location and with exactly the right file name?
I named it "0007AE00.romfs" and put it directly in the HANS folder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WillTheLion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their seems to be some confusion here.

Next is dead.

I don't remember any official announcement being made?

Also do you mean this project is dead or that one of the creators died (as in literally)?

As far as the first post is concerned it would seem this project is still very much a work in progress that is expected to release eventually next year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0