Hacking Super.Mario.Bros.Deluxe.EUR.VC.3DS.INTERNAL-BigBlueBox

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oops, never mind. Didn't notice this was an old post.

Since I posted, why haven't any of the ambassador games been dumped and released?

Because the nature of the Gateway exploit breaks GBA compatability, GBA-mode has it's own seperate firmware on the 3DS, which hasn't been figured out yet.

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/FIRM#TWL_FIRM_and_AGB_FIRM

So even if they were dumped and released in .3DS format, it wouldn't work.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weapon.Shop.de.Omasse.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
Steel.Diver.Sub.Wars.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
Pullblox.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
Pokemon.Link.Battle.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
Legend.Of.Zelda.Links.Awakening.EUR.GBC.VC.3DS-BigBlueBox
Legend.Of.Zelda.EUR.NES.VC.3DS-BigBlueBox
Liberation.Maiden.EUR.FIXED.PROPER.READNFO.3DS-BigBlueBox
Bird.Mania.3D.EUR.FIXED.PROPER.READNFO.3DS-BigBlueBox
Super.Mario.Bros.Deluxe.EUR.VC.3DS.INTERNAL-BigBlueBox
Phoenix.Wright.Ace.Attorney.Dual.Destinies.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
HarmoKnight.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
Is there a thread that keeps such information updated?

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bingo.jpg

it may seem like it works, but the save isn't being wrote to the correct area so copying new files to the SD will overwrite your save.....^^^do this and the game will save to the 3DS SD card i.e CARD1 and you can trim down to 5MB

inb4 anyone tries this won't work for Pokemon :P save is too big

gamesquest1, would i have to hex edit other games as well such as the legend of zelda links awakening? I also intend to trim the roms but i was wondering if i have to hex edit it as well in order to get the save function.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Anyone was able to trim Steamworld Dig? I realize that it’s card2 game and I have Card2RomTrimTool from this thread but when I trim the game it stops to load showing me black screen.

ZeldaWW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because the nature of the Gateway exploit breaks GBA compatability, GBA-mode has it's own seperate firmware on the 3DS, which hasn't been figured out yet.

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/FIRM#TWL_FIRM_and_AGB_FIRM

So even if they were dumped and released in .3DS format, it wouldn't work.

sad :(
the only game i would want is zelda minish cap, ambassador game that they removed later on, so we can´t even buy on the e-shop

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I got this on my 2DS for free and the way the controls work are fucking annoying instead of Y + B it's B + A which feels really uncomfortable and unnatural, hopefully for the ones who pirate the shit out of this game can use Y + B instead.

ETNWIND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone was able to trim Steamworld Dig? I realize that it’s card2 game and I have Card2RomTrimTool from this thread but when I trim the game it stops to load showing me black screen.
That program is not guaranteed 100% working. Sometime it works but in this case it doesn't (I tried). I hate to say that, but I don't recommend using that program and I don't recommend trimming card2 games at all. I wrote that program for testing purpose only...

Reactions: octopus

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
That program is not guaranteed 100% working. Sometime it works but in this case it doesn't (I tried). I hate to say that, but I don't recommend using that program and I don't recommend trimming card2 games at all. I wrote that program for testing purpose only...

Worked for Pokemon and something else, I don’t remember. Thank you for it anyway.
Maybe you’ll debug and update it? Since there is no any other way (or is there?) to trim card2 games (excluding manual editing).

ETNWIND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked for Pokemon and something else, I don’t remember. Thank you for it anyway.
Maybe you’ll debug and update it? Since there is no any other way (or is there?) to trim card2 games (excluding manual editing).
I counld try, but I still don't know what the problem is and how the games handle save data when save offset and rom size are changed. Different games seem to handle it differently. So it's pretty much trial and error.

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using Card2RomTrimTool on super mario bros. 3. I opened the game in full size, then trimmed it, but got the broken save error.

I also tried the hex editing trick to turn it into a card1 game and got a 3ds error message loading it.

ETNWIND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using Card2RomTrimTool on super mario bros. 3. I opened the game in full size, then trimmed it, but got the broken save error.

I also tried the hex editing trick to turn it into a card1 game and got a 3ds error message loading it.
This game is very strange. Its save data are scattered over two different places and there is a large amount of empty spaces between them. The default 16 MB save data space is not enough to hold all the save data. That is why the save is corrupted after trimming. According to my testing, the save data size is 64 MB or larger.

Btw there's a bug in the program, it's unable transfer save data that are larger than 16 MB, but it's fixed now. Download the updated version and use the following command to trim the rom:
Code:
Card2RomTrimTool xxxxx.3ds 64
64 is the save data size (in MB), you may want to set a bigger value because the save data could be larger than that.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
This game is very strange. Its save data are scattered over two different places and there is a large amount of empty spaces between them. The default 16 MB save data space is not enough to hold all the save data. That is why the save is corrupted after trimming. According to my testing, the save data size is 64 MB or larger.
Hats off to you, man!
Maybe you should start a devoted thread like «CARD2 trimming» featuring your little app so it gets proper attention. And maybe people would be able to help you figuring out how different games handle the saves or which size of savedata one should use for the particular game.
‘Cause AFAIR I was unable to trim VC title either, every time resulting in corrupted save.
Btw there's a bug in the program, it's unable transfer save data that are larger than 16 MB, but it's fixed now. Download the updated version and use the following command to trim the rom:
Code:
Card2RomTrimTool xxxxx.3ds 64
64 is the save data size (in MB), you may want to set a bigger value because the save data could be larger than that.
Should I trim before creating save data? Or after?
One should trim after creating save data.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Whilst it shouldn't really matter, I would suggest after making the save then you will be able to tell if you trimmed it too much as your current save will be corrupted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up