Homebrew RELEASE SUPER LAN PLAY

RetroGamer_74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce you Super Lan Play. Super Lan Play is based on switch-lan-play project, but it tries to go on step further. We ( Team Retro ) bet for simplicity, automation, and more players info. So once I said that let's see more about Super Lan Play.

How to use it?

Just go to http://lanboard.retrogamer.tech and choose your desired platform. Yes, it works for Nintendo Switch and for PS4.

Captura-de-pantalla-2018-11-13-a-las-10-20-31.png

If you don't own a Discord account you will need one.

Why I need a discord account?
Well it is on our discord where we inform of everything related to this project and also in order to provide further featured in Super Lan Play we require a user. So in this way the authentication is not part of our system, and everyone can feel safe. You will be automatically added to our Discord where you will be able to find the chat rooms for each game, for nintendo switch, for PS4, and also for asking any question related to this, like for example how to play Diablo 3 in Super Lan Play.

Following the steps, after you've been authenticated thru discord you will see a web page where it says you have to connect your client.
Before doing that, take a look to the settings icon, click on it. Don't go to setup your switch or ps4 right now, instead of that download the client you want to use.

We've developed automated client apps, based on original lan-play (which is called without modifications) to allow user a more comfortable startup, with GUI and many other things.
Client is available currently for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Raspberry, and Android.

Once you've downloaded the desired client, run it.

When the client is running, let's go to setup your switch or ps4 according to the network info shown in the settings section of the website.

When you finished to setup your device, you're ready to go.
Go to the Dashboard link in the webpage, and you will see a list of players in the server, who of them are currently connected, and who of them are currently playing. And all of those that are playing can show the game at they're playing. You setup this in your own player where you see I'm playing ...

Captura-de-pantalla-2018-11-13-a-las-10-22-24.png

There is also a Lobby (Beta) section, which is developed for Nintendo Switch by the way, which shows the rooms open, which player open it, and other players connected to that room, and also the game they're playing. It says also if the match has already started or if the room is open waiting players.
There is also a Changelog, and a Notification system by the way only used by developers to inform people about new features or alerts.

Captura-de-pantalla-2018-11-13-a-las-11-01-09.png

We're currently developing a notification system for players, and also other features as favorite players.
We're ready to play Diablo 3 too, and we've already tested thanks to the @imspace job and its own KIP. ( Well done ).

Super Lan Play is currently translated to spanish, english, french, portugueses, russian and arabic languages. Thanks to the contributors for their translations. The language is automatically detected in the website.

Hope you enjoy guys!!!

New features coming soon!!!

# Credits: lan-play app is developed by @imspace at https://github.com/spacemeowx2/switch-lan-play
# Credits: Super Lan Play Clients and Website, and Servers are developed by Team Retro.

Last edited by RetroGamer_74,

Bravalerie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been playing in your server for a while and I'm still impressed with it.
It's great all the support you give to Superlanplay, it's simple and works very good.

Good job! I hope more people join.

Reactions: RetroGamer_74

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good Job!
...but you need more support in English. I've been to your server yesterday and people couldn't help me out with running Diablo 3.
I have sorted it out by trials and errors method but anyways, Discord ID + local IP = GUI interface - great idea!!

RetroGamer_74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
trash server
no english support

I even Dmed you on discord multiple times and you ignored me

Hey dude take it easy. First of all our community is mainly spanish. Personally I talk spanish, english and french. We've created in our discord, channels for english, french, brazilian, russian, languages. As you can guess this is a community, and you don't have any idea about how many private messages I receive every day, but because this is a community you have to ask to the community. I'm writing in english right now in this post, and I'm not english. You can do the effort as we do to understand other languages. If not use google translator. There are contributors translating by free to other languages our services and clients. You're the perfect definition of hater.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why? It's simply discord server for random people.
You need help, you got GBATEMP. ;)
Great answer :)

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@RetroGamer_74
I really respect your idea. It was brilliant in it's simplicity of getting IP addresses auto-assigned"per user". Native english speakers do not get the effort we - non-natives put into doing anything understandable for them. :)
Anyways, gbatemp provides good help and support in many cases. I believe you could combine your server with some links to tutorials from here and a little effort into subtitling your movie showing Diablo into proper english (not google translator). Especially tiny detail that the person that is hosting the game has ot be actually in the game, not in main menu on network options. :)

RetroGamer_74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@RetroGamer_74
I really respect your idea. It was brilliant in it's simplicity of getting IP addresses auto-assigned"per user". Native english speakers do not get the effort we - non-natives put into doing anything understandable for them. :)
Anyways, gbatemp provides good help and support in many cases. I believe you could combine your server with some links to tutorials from here and a little effort into subtitling your movie showing Diablo into proper english (not google translator). Especially tiny detail that the person that is hosting the game has ot be actually in the game, not in main menu on network options. :)

I see your point but you have to understand I record the videos in my mother tongue. I can not subtitle my videos, programming, work in my job, take care of my family and daughters. I've got only one life. So we can not ask for impossible things. Me and my team try to do our best to bring the best utilities we can develop. I'm pretty sure, there will be videos in other languages at same time or maybe in a couple of minutes later covering the same topics. I don't want to be the only one who knows something. That's not the point. In order to play Diablo 3, you're right, I did a video, and I prepared RAR Package. You just download it. Extract it. And then extract them one by one, numbered in ascendent order. What I do the video I think is further more than language :) I think it is very easy to understand. Anyway if all that people can say about our development is about the language :) it means the tool is great jejeje.

Thanks guys for your support.
We'll keep on doing our best.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's a cool idea but...
Why does everything need to be in spanish?
Please do me a favor and write your news on the website in english so everyone can understand that.
Also I would like to join the discord but... almost everything's spanish there, tho

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see your point but you have to understand I record the videos in my mother tongue. I can not subtitle my videos, programming, work in my job, take care of my family and daughters. I've got only one life. So we can not ask for impossible things. Me and my team try to do our best to bring the best utilities we can develop. I'm pretty sure, there will be videos in other languages at same time or maybe in a couple of minutes later covering the same topics. I don't want to be the only one who knows something. That's not the point. In order to play Diablo 3, you're right, I did a video, and I prepared RAR Package. You just download it. Extract it. And then extract them one by one, numbered in ascendent order. What I do the video I think is further more than language :) I think it is very easy to understand. Anyway if all that people can say about our development is about the language :) it means the tool is great jejeje.

Thanks guys for your support.
We'll keep on doing our best.
I fully understand your point.
I also have family and other priorities.

I used this tunnel before, but I'm SX OS user, first time with ReiNX so I wasn't sure if it works for me or not.
Spent some time but figured it out or was game/user side issue, not config.

If you are the first to show something to the world, get English subtitles and you get bigger audience.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think it's a cool idea but...
Why does everything need to be in spanish?
Please do me a favor and write your news on the website in english so everyone can understand that.
Also I would like to join the discord but... almost everything's spanish there, tho
Because he is Spanish and it's for Spanish community I the first place.
You are not the center of the world.

Reactions: mitcha

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Because he is Spanish and it's for Spanish community I the first place.
You are not the center of the world.

Well, if it is me, I would prefer german, lol.
But if he's advertising his Project here on GBATemp, supporting the english language would be a big +.
His community could grow way bigger than it is right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.