Super ftBRONY II Turbo help?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by NWAres, Mar 29, 2016.

1. NWAres
    OP

NWAres Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    Hello, I'm somewhat new to 3DS Homebrew and hacking and have yet to test out all the apps. I noticed the Super ftBRONY II Turbo can be used to send files from 3DS to PC? Is it possible I can send files (Such as the files needed to use Homebrew) to someone else's 3DS using this method or would they need to use a computer either way? Just a little confused is all.

2. frosty5689

frosty5689 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2016
    Technically you can... If they portforward the port ftBRONY is using (5001 by default) on their router. You can then access the FTP server hosted on their 3DS by using ftp://{their_external_ip}:5001

I strongly advise against this unless you compile a version of ftBRONY with authentication support, since anyone can access the FTP server and do whatever they want to the files.

3. NWAres
    OP

NWAres Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    So even if they don't have Homebrew yet I can technically install it for them through this method? Attempting to install with the OOTHax that is.

4. frosty5689

Jan 30, 2016
    Not sure what you mean by that. They need to use some kind of entry point to start Homebrew Launcher and then start ftBrony using it before you can access their SD card.

5. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    Ftbrony is a ftp server, so you would need a ftp client (on the other 3ds) to connect. I think there is no ftp client right now for 3ds

6. NWAres
    OP

NWAres Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    I see, I know they're using an iPad though is there a way to manage files between that and a 3DS to transfer the files from the iPad to the 3DS to start up Homebrew? Or an App to download that lets you view the 3DS's SD card files from the iPad? It's old 3DS by the way so no microSD card managing possible.

7. wuboy

wuboy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    United States
    Not that I know of. You're trying to set up OoTHax for your friend? If you both have old 3DSs you could always just copy the homebrew files onto their SD card and use your own 3DS to install OoTHax on their game cartridge, assuming you both have your own copies of Ocarina of Time.
    Next time, put more details in the original post, saying the type of 3DS you have (old or new, 2DS counts as old), what entry point you guys can get (OoTHax, Browserhax, Ninjhax, etc.), and what you're limited to (like say you don't have a sd card reader on your PC). It'll be easier to come to a conclusion with all the information readily available.

8. NWAres
    OP

NWAres Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    Sorry, I know I could've been a lot more clear and I will from here on. I have a New 3DS which I got OOTHax on but I also have the old one with nothing. You're right, I could get OOThax on my old 3DS and send them the files so they can just put it on their SD card and load it like that and they'd have homebrew without needing to do anything except move the files to their SD card? They don't live close so it'd have to be done online. Unfortunately they don't have a PC and only an iPad without an SD card reader which is why I was hoping for some sort of app where they can view SD card files whereas I have a PC where I can send them everything no problem. I'm just hoping for a backdoor to get them the files without them needing a PC but I doubt that it's likely lol.

9. wuboy

wuboy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    United States
    Well, do they have Ocarina of Time themselves? If they don't, even with the homebrew files, they wouldn't be able to load homebrew.
    Edit: Also, they need some way to get the files on the SD card in the first place; if they don't have a SD card reader they can't get the files on their 3DS.

10. NWAres
    OP

NWAres Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    Yes, they have a physical copy of OOT.

11. wuboy

wuboy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    United States
    Just remembered they would need some way to inject the Ocarina of Time hax save file onto their cartridge; the only way available to them (besides sending it to someone to put it on the cartridge for them) is to buy a powersaves dongle, which by itself requires a PC to use, unless there's some iOS app that I'm not aware of. You can't boot into the homebrew launcher without booting the OoTHax save file.

12. frosty5689

Jan 30, 2016
    Does that copy already have the save with the correct payload (corresponding to 3DS firmware version) on it? If not he will have to buy a Datel Powersave to put it on there.

13. NWAres
    OP

NWAres Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    No it doesn't, and that's not something I can do for them? Even if we both have the old 3DS and our own copies of OOT I'd still need their cart for the powersaves part? I wouldn't be able to use mine and just send them the file? We're on the same firmware version too. Sorry I forgot to add in that if it were possible, since I have a spare SD card, can I do it for them without needing their cart or would I need it either way?

Last edited by NWAres, Mar 29, 2016
  14. wuboy

wuboy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    United States
    Unless they can send you the cartridge so you can install the save onto thier cartridge there's nothing they can do. They need the payload save file on their cartridge to load the homebrew.

15. NWAres
    OP

NWAres Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    Ah, ok thank you I'll look into that then. I appreciate the help. =)

16. wuboy

wuboy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    United States
    Not a problem, hope this gets sorted out.

17. NWAres
    OP

NWAres Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    Me too, I have another question? Is it possible to for me to get OOTHax for the old 3DS while running it on the new one? Or would I have to delete Homebrew for it on the new 3DS? I assume I can use the same cart for getting oothax on the old 3DS while keeping it for the new 3DS since my SD card on the old 3DS has nothing on it.

18. frosty5689

Jan 30, 2016
    You need to use svdt (via Homebrew Menu) to write the correct payload to OOT for old 3DS. However, you will lose access to oothax on your New 3DS after you do this. Unless you get 2 copies of OOT.

Once again, OOThax has nothing to do with what is on the SD card. Everything is dependent on the save that is currently on the OOT catridge. The starter pack you put in your SD card is nothing more than files that get loaded after OOThax loads.

TL;DR: You can only have OOThax working for either the New 3DS or old 3DS at one time. This is assuming you have only 1 copy.