Gaming Super Dodgeball DS Coming

Suspicion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are your character's speed at? I have my character's speed at 10-15 each and it's really fast enough, I've never even had a thought of it being too slow.

Still, I think that I'm probably just going to go emulate and play the NES version on my DS from now on. I guess this wasn't worth creaming myself over as much as I had been.
frown.gif

FreshSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very disappointed. I thought the game would be a lot more fun. I prefer the GBA version a lot more. The game is just way too easy. The additions of items to wear just kills it.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell is up with your whiners? The US version is not slow. I've played out the campaign one time through on medium already. The handling, speed, turn rate, and so on are spot on with the previous versions of the game on multiple platforms. The only thing I'm noticing though is that it's more finicky than ever on timing when it comes to catching shots, especially power shots, which is fine as it means more challenge. I've played more of the official dodgeball games than most probably have, and this game as far as the USA release is not hosed.

Suspicion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One team on level 18, one team on level 13, damn it I can't help but play this game whenever I have 5 minutes to spare.

osirisFIVE

Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm actually quite pissed with the game since it has garnered quite a substantial amount of hype among the GBATempers.

This game doesn't even consider the fact that there are people who haven't played this game before.
I thought I would have some fun playing this game but I must say, I just don't know how to play.

The game, from the front menu and/or main part of the game (the tournament) doesn't give any form of tutorial or control help. I mean like, after playing for half an hour I still don't know how to catch, jump and do that ultimate thing.

The best thing I can do is run and shoot - makes this fire thing come out.

Haha, help a Super Dodgeball noob
blink.gif
blink.gif

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really do not like this game. It's something that looks like it belongs on the Gameboy. Doesn't seem good enough to be on the DS. Just my opinion though, alot of other people seem to like this, so I guess it depends on your taste

R411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only there was a way to make them go faster, were they moving this slow in the gba one? I loved that game. It was one of my favs

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solange82200 said:
I really do not like this game. It's something that looks like it belongs on the Gameboy. Doesn't seem good enough to be on the DS. Just my opinion though, alot of other people seem to like this, so I guess it depends on your taste

I have to agree here. To me, this game is just more shovelware. I farted around with it for about a half-hour and I thought it just plain sucked.

If people like the game, good for you, but for me it's delete-o-matico.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
solange82200 said:

I have to agree here. To me, this game is just more shovelware. I farted around with it for about a half-hour and I thought it just plain sucked.

If people like the game, good for you, but for me it's delete-o-matico.

Okay, you can dislike it...but saying it's shovelware, that's going way too far!
This game isn't shovelware at all. It's not a masterpiece, but a solid title for the DS.

Some supporting facts as to why this isn't shoveware:

- In 1up's review of this game, their conclusion sentence said it was decent.
- Gamespot gives it a 7.1
- IGN gives it a 7.0
- Gamefly gives it an 8.1
- GBAtemp NDS Release topic of this game got more than 100 posts

I don't see where you're coming from, calling this game shovelware.
If this were "Mr. Pony's Island", I'd completely understand - but this is a popular gaming series that many enjoy.
Did you check the NDS release topic of this game? Many people were more pleased with this game, than disappointed.
It may not live up to the NES Super Dodgeball game. It may not live up to the GBA Super Dodgeball game...but this game is definitely a solid title for the DS, and is not shovelware whatsoever.

mcduh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say once again, yall are lucky this isn't wifi enabled or you'd all be choking on my special balls tonight.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^I'd take that challenge, then destroy you.
smile.gif

Tikker: Ahh the 'most' one ok. Well when it was fresh in the arcade I played the game constantly at the boys and girls club to where I would never lose to others, finished the game too which is no small feat considering it's a 3min clock, big guys can throw/catch power shots, little can't...you get 1. Each round still 3min adds in +1 guy, all big guys, so by the end you got to drop like 10 in 3min. I keep this as an emulated arcade game(only one, had someone custom build MAME32 version for it) and play still to keep up. Then there's the NES one I've played steady for like 20years now, never lost a round to anyone I've tried. Between then and the GBA version via emulation I've been able to do the GB, JP NES(much harder), PCEngine(TG16), Sega, and Neo Geo arcade(played this a few times in real hardware) versions of the game. The GBA one I played steadily for a good while when that dropped in 2001 and still picked up here n there since then.

And now I got this DS game and while it's a bit harder to catch than most the others, it's a good piece of entertainment. My only beef is that it doesn't have that exhibition mode the GBA game had I liked so much or the massive customization of challenge level, it's very meat and potatoes like the NES game is with just 1P, vs, and beanball(brawl) ...though they did add in that interesting make a player/team thing and the river city ransom like item booster shop.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would say this is an ok game. Not as good as gba though. Also, I don't understand why do some people keep saying this game is slow, I mean I found the speed to be ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Well that was awkward.