ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

AnnieTheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
*yawns maaaaadly* guys it isn't funny you figured out almost everything so we wait a patch or a status updaaaateeeeeeeee
that happens when we rely on males isnt iiit

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm not familiar with the text previewer in question, can you elaborate?

Anyway, I'm perfectly fine working with XML. Using find/replace I can convert everything between XML proper and script-version XML. From there an editor with good syntax highlighting then makes it easy to spot missing or incorrect tags. It would be nice if we had a script to validate the syntax though. I intend to proofread everything again anyway, but for the time being at least we could make sure everything looks good for insertion.

Sorry the delay @Salixa, when i was talking about the text previewer, i meant something like this:

hBzA5r5.png

(this one was made of by @Normmatt for the Bomberman Jetters game). I think to make one to check at least the lengths of the lines.

PJB3005

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm really interested in this project. I'm dying to play Swordcraft Story 3 and want to help somehow. I know programming in a variety of languages, though I have no experience with the GBA, assembly or reverse engineering.

If there's anything I can do to help (like maybe helping with that text previewer tool?), tell me.

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry the delay @Salixa, when i was talking about the text previewer, i meant something like this:

(this one was made of by @Normmatt for the Bomberman Jetters game). I think to make one to check at least the lengths of the lines.

Oh, that might be useful. While my text editor is already set up to detect lines that are too long, it'd still be nice to be able to see how it would look in-game. For example with text that spans multiple lines, being able to see the alignment of each line. Dealing with duplicated text for each partner is another pain I have. What I would do for a mass-editing solution for those. Again, not exactly necessary, so if it's too much work to do then its whatever.

For the time being I've been going through the script again (albeit very slowly) checking the formatting and translations. I looked into Day 0's dialogue from everyone's feedback, and yeah, it's quite stiff. I put up a new version in the drive for @EarthDarkness's perusal when he gets around to making a new patch preview. Hopefully it should be a better read than before.

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Oh, that might be useful. While my text editor is already set up to detect lines that are too long, it'd still be nice to be able to see how it would look in-game. For example with text that spans multiple lines, being able to see the alignment of each line. Dealing with duplicated text for each partner is another pain I have. What I would do for a mass-editing solution for those. Again, not exactly necessary, so if it's too much work to do then its whatever.

For the time being I've been going through the script again (albeit very slowly) checking the formatting and translations. I looked into Day 0's dialogue from everyone's feedback, and yeah, it's quite stiff. I put up a new version in the drive for @EarthDarkness's perusal when he gets around to making a new patch preview. Hopefully it should be a better read than before.
Thanks salixa! I'll try to look into this, maybe using C#, and if i get it done, i'll post it.

Btw, when playing as the female MC, i found this:

Cg9dLc6.png

Last edited by Pablitox,

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
I think this I-L is also a bug

Attachments

• Summon Night - Craft Sword Monogatari - Hajimari no Ishi (Japan) (patched)_1486127771637.png
    Summon Night - Craft Sword Monogatari - Hajimari no Ishi (Japan) (patched)_1486127771637.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 313

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
At least the game doesn't stops for me
If you tried all possible combinations and the game does not freeze, then hurray! we are on the good path! :grog:

By the way, the text previewer i'll make will be something like the one @Normmatt did, but with my own changes and new options for this game in particular. It'll have a text box where you can input the dialogue and format it in such a way that the text shown on screen is like the one that will be displayed once it's inserted in the game (dealing in this way with text that spans multiple lines and such, i don't think i'd have a way of dealing with duplicated text tho, sorry @Salixa :unsure:) the tool will also check for unsuported characters (unicode).

So far i have ripped different text box examples from the game, here are some images:

kkjQo32.png
OLuTbho.png
uHcjm2t.png

If you are wondering why i left such a big gap above each text box, it's because i'll try to make an option to add the portrait and name of the characters that will be speaking those lines (along with tweaking the text box accordingly, like who's taking and such), but that will be ready once the formatter is working properly.

I still need to rip the font and make a width table of each character.

I'm really interested in this project. I'm dying to play Swordcraft Story 3 and want to help somehow. I know programming in a variety of languages, though I have no experience with the GBA, assembly or reverse engineering.

If there's anything I can do to help (like maybe helping with that text previewer tool?), tell me.
Your help will definitely come handy if i ever get really busy, thanks! I'll be developing it in C# (personal reasons, i know Java would work but i'd like to deal with something new, hope it's not a problem)

Cheers!

Last edited by Pablitox,
Reactions: Lizari Drakiby

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2