ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

sonu1201

Trophies
XP
Country
India
When Will The Final Patch Be Released? I Just Wanna Know If You Have Any Rough Idea When You Can Release It.And Thank You Guys For Translating The Game Super Hyped! Been Following This Form Since August 2015:)
Do you even read bro?!

Now seriously.
This patch is what we have translated and inserted into the game thus far.
This is not a release version and does not reflect how the end product will be like.

All NPC dialogues are untranslated.
Only the Day 0 scripts for the main story are translated, exept from when you fight using your partner for the first time.
The graphics are mostly translated, but there are still some missing.
The weird japanese kanjis are a result of the translation method we are employing and no japanese text will be left untranslated in the final product.
The text in the demo is stiff and like every dialogue will be reviewed.
We dicided to localize V.E. as Vee.
The dots most likely will be changed to look better. I've know about this for a long time now but this is not of very urgente issue. (Once finished we will pollish these things)

Please try searching for the answer before posting. This helps the thread to stay clean and with denser information.

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, we're still alive. And doing better than ever, it seems! We're finally getting somewhere!

BTW when using the transalted scripts for the day 0 I found lots of oversized lines, missing <end_line> tags, Unicode characters inside the <ascii> sections and some other minor stuff. I suggest reviewing the translation since these make the reinserted dialogue look strange, bugged and or bad looking. (but I guess it is hard to know this right away, without inserting it and seeing the result)

Now that I know we can use the actual scripts, I'll find some time to go over what we have and make sure it's formatted correctly. Days 0, 1, 2 aren't things I had worked on, though I won't discount my own stuff possibly having issues too.
@EarthDarkness , please send me a PM with the exact issues you found with Unicode characters and "other minor stuff". Line length and missing <end_line> tags will be easy enough to find on my own, I'm more interested in the other issues.

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
thank the gods ive been waiting to play this game for years i tried once but i just couldnt get pass the not in english part man i feel so incomplete man i played all two summon nights i dont touch the others cause im not a fan of non action rpgs :( oh well anyway thanks for working on this guys

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh and forgive my grammar im retarded(not really)

DarkZeroWarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, Pablitox, that depends. in this case, it seems you'll all be going for making it easy though. some rom hacks for example, require doing a few different things. i prefer the ones that require just one thing patched and done. Anyway, good to see this progressing so well so far. and i am of course, still rooting for all of you.

AnnieTheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey, Pabli, Earth, Salixa... Do you guys need any help at this stage? Even if you don't "require" it, maybe something that we can do may be "helpful" for you?

Reactions: kirito1215

VinayssusMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have questions.
How much did you guys manage to translate in the latest patch?
When I patched the game and played it, I only got as far as fighting Rufeel to make her my partner before the japanese text began again.
Is there more translation with different partners?
Another thing is that the patch on the main page of this thread seems to be outdated. Could you guys edit it so it has the latest patch? Would make easier for people to find it, since I though the one there was the latest patch but only found out about the actual latest patch some time later.
EDIT: Oh, about the translation part, I read back on this thread and found out.
Thanks for you time, anyway!

Last edited by VinayssusMan,
Reactions: Pablitox

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
;( I don't have sufficient money to view this site so I will be Very rarely posting again here (unless I am always connected to a free wifi XD ) so I that I can earn again to visit this site.
BTW Lizari Should be the one posting my suggestions since i still have free fb. :P

and some bugs that i found

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
OK maybe I'll take a look at here once a week .30 dollars a week ain't bad right?
You won't be missing much. For now I will be working on a little tool to allow easier proofreading. I'd need more specifications from @EarthDarkness. Also I'd need @Salixa opinion, what do you need to make a smoother proofreading? I was thinking on something like @Normmatt text previewer

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not familiar with the text previewer in question, can you elaborate?

Anyway, I'm perfectly fine working with XML. Using find/replace I can convert everything between XML proper and script-version XML. From there an editor with good syntax highlighting then makes it easy to spot missing or incorrect tags. It would be nice if we had a script to validate the syntax though. I intend to proofread everything again anyway, but for the time being at least we could make sure everything looks good for insertion.

Last edited by Salixa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: I am trying to hack Fire Emblem Warriors on my 2DS XL, I have been trying to get it to work, but...