ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Excuse me but, can you guys please post the download links of all the patches? Mine won't work unless an older patch is used beforehand (ex. used v3 then the next version). And, it seems I'm missing some patches. Anyway, I'm checking out the site where I might help. Thanks!

By the way, just finished SN 1 and 2 this week lol.
Did you use this one? this is the latest released version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l1suy7m816i8sm5/sn3gba_graphic+menus_v0.6_Jrombase.ups

AscalonThe3rd

Trophies
XP
Country

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks❣ It is translated now. You gave me the inspiration to be a game programer (Currently a High School student). Although I can't help much here, I'll just spread the news to some of my older friends (probably some of them could be some help). (¯―¯٥)

no probs mate! Hey that's cool actually, don't give up on that one! Just remember to learn and practise lots.

bybyblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I've been following this project for years glad to see it making progress. Was wondering do you guys need any sprite artists to help with in any in game graphics like things that need to be translated? I'm willing to help on any sprite work that's needed.

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I've been following this project for years glad to see it making progress. Was wondering do you guys need any sprite artists to help with in any in game graphics like things that need to be translated? I'm willing to help on any sprite work that's needed.
Awesome! hope you enjoy your stay in the forums.

Actually Ghanmi is already taking the graphic edition job, so you could ask him if there's anything missing to do. All graphics have been editted and translated except for:

+"Tsushin" (Link) in-menu graphic
+"Omake" (Extras) in-menu graphic
+Similar in-menu graphics in Engrish that may need fixing
+Names in Credits

If you do know tile edition, you may help correct some bugs, like:

http://i.imgur.com/C0vOpOn.png
if you apply the patch in the game, you'll notice that the main screen has something like :
NEW GAME
LOAD GAME
2 P
EXTRAS
that's another bug.

Oh, yeah, ghanmi editted the fishing minigame graphic, i think it's awesome: http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/431807fishingmgsn3.png

Last edited by Pablitox,

bybyblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! hope you enjoy your stay in the forums.

Actually Ghanmi is already...

Ok I pm'd Ghanmi. Can't really say i know much about Tile editing :/ but I can give it a shot I could probably figure it out. would i need a specific software I'd need? I've only ever barely touch the inner workings of a gba game before and that was for ripping sprites from Zatch Bell.

redsmas

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been on this forum for a few years and thought I would wonder over to check this. I never thought the game would be this close to being finished I'm glad I didn't completely lose hope for it.
Well done for keeping the project alive.

Syclone903

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
Wow, been following this when I was a kid. And I'm in college lol. Would just like to say Pablitox, you're an inspiration. The fact that you've stuck with this for so damn long really speaks volumes, and I want to say thanks for not giving up, it's going to be worth it when the patch is finally out.

Ps. How is it going by the way? The main page hasn't been updated in a while, so a lot of us are out of the loop. How is the script insertion coming along?

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm Same as you then :P,also followed from the beginning of this project. Anyway, last time i checked the programmer was kind of busy, but he's still working on it, I sent a PM a few days ago to see how is he doing. Anyway I think I can show this already, this was all thanks to him ( I only did some system messages, lol). I'll make a comparation between his and ritchburn's dialogue inserter

Earthdarkness | Ritchburn

l4gqUrO.png
|
sS3lpJK.png

|
Z1lNigh.png

|
IzmTlnC.png

|
vhHGKHN.png

|
n9Q4efj.png

That's what's been inserted so far, he's using the latest translated script. Dual tile encoding is a good workaround to character limitation, but if an ASM hacker could help us to complement earth inserter, it'd be awesome.

Last edited by Pablitox,

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm Same as you then :P,also followed from the beginning of this project. Anyway, last time i checked the programmer was kind of busy, but he's still working on it, I sent a PM a few days ago to see how is he doing. Anyway I think I can show this already, this was all thanks to him ( I only did some system messages, lol). I'll make a comparation between his and ritchburn's dialogue inserter

l4gqUrO.png
|
sS3lpJK.png

|
Z1lNigh.png

|
IzmTlnC.png

|
vhHGKHN.png

|
n9Q4efj.png

That's what's been inserted so far, he's using the latest translated script. Dual tile encoding is a good workaround to character limitation, but if an ASM hacker could help us to complement earth inserter, it'd be awesome.

Looking good.

If I remember correctly the games text drawing code wasn't very complex so shouldn't be hard to add a VWF.

I'll add it to my todo list.

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Looking good.

If I remember correctly the games text drawing code wasn't very complex so shouldn't be hard to add a VWF.

I'll add it to my todo list.

Who's awesome? You are! Thanks normatt! I don't know much of asm, but if the inserter can be complemented with that VWF and 1 byte per char conversion, Then the naming screen will look much better! Not to mention every other system string. I have seen some things like UltBst and V . E which looks odd to say the least.

Last edited by Pablitox,

TheEdgeFencer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, I have made an account on this website specifically because of you guys. I am very, very sorry to say that I cannot help with anything to do with the game. But, I did really want to say that you are probably my favorite people ever. The time I've spent with the first two games was the best time in my entire life. Ever since I'd heard of the existence of a third one, I was elated. While I still remain unable to play it, you people are working on making my number one dream come true right now. I want to make games. Specifically because of how Summon Night: Swordcraft Story made me feel, and how I want other people to feel that happiness, that feel of pure good. So, while I cannot help you with the actual hacking, or translating, or sprites, or anything like that, I can say that you people are my heroes. Thank you so much for what you are doing.

Shinon

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

l4gqUrO.png
|
sS3lpJK.png

|
Z1lNigh.png

|
IzmTlnC.png

|
vhHGKHN.png

|
n9Q4efj.png

Which one is more literal in translation?

Reactions: Pablitox

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Which one is more literal in translation?
definitely the right one (Ritchburn's) you can tell by looking at "Kajishi!" Atlus officially localized it as "Craftknight". Earth's tools make it possible to insert it. He talked to me yesterday and by end of the semestre he'll be contacting Normatt about the inserter and the opcodes that were found.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo