ROM Hack Summon Night 1 Translation Project

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
If you just need some graphics redrawn, Darth, send them to me via filebin.ca or pass them to me on IRC (Tempus on irc.freenode.net or irc.efnet.net). I can probably have them done at the rate of (20min * image style) + (5min * image count) + 30 min-1h for full screen colour redraws (such as logos portrayed as images, artistic text, or text over complex backdrops). Please include the font(s) in any standard format, or a texture in any commonly parse-able image format containing the desired font(s). If you have translations, even better, I don’t have to guess at context. Please include a note as to whether or not I can modify the size of the image. If no note is included I’ll assume images must remain identically sized.

Block of text over.

[edit: please indicate colour depth for optimal quality, or I’ll attempt to simulate the effective colour depth of provided images]

Disq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DarthNemesis said:
Uzumakijl has been helping with some of the names, but I don't feel right releasing a patch with the title screen in Japanese.
If the title screen is the only reason... I've tried it. I hope you didn't mean the upper screen or the chapter titles.

stande.png

First I tried to make a translation in my own language, but I met my limits really fast, because I'm noob in romhacking and related things.
After I'm not able to make it on my own, I wanted to help somehow.

I know this one wouldn't help you that much, but maybe it's enough that you can release the first patch.
PM me, if you would take this file.

(And if it doesn't bother you... can you tell me how to get the menu and item names? They are in the overlay-bin files right?
I don't know how to handle with them... With CT2 I think I could decompress it, that it got 28 times bigger... but here I'm on my limit)

Disq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I used the information I got here http://gbatemp.net/t109466-summon-night-tr...ject?&st=15
to get a more or less good picture with tile molester, exported it, puzzled the pieces in photoshop together and made the backgrounds and menu.
I took the menu-file, set the color mode to indexed color, so that the color palette won't change even if I take "new colors" in there.
Then I made the text on the background, where de japanese text was, and copy&pasted it into the menutext-file.
Puzzeling here and there and replaced the old menutext, saved it, and imported it back to tile molester.

I wasn't sure if this would work, but testplay was working so I think it was ok.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disq said:
I used the information I got here http://gbatemp.net/t109466-summon-night-tr...ject?&st=15
to get a more or less good picture with tile molester, exported it, puzzled the pieces in photoshop together and made the backgrounds and menu.
I took the menu-file, set the color mode to indexed color, so that the color palette won't change even if I take "new colors" in there.
Then I made the text on the background, where de japanese text was, and copy&pasted it into the menutext-file.
Puzzeling here and there and replaced the old menutext, saved it, and imported it back to tile molester.

I wasn't sure if this would work, but testplay was working so I think it was ok.

That's real amazing.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disq said:

The new version of CrystalTile2 (June 2010) has a new tool called "Tile composition tool" under Tools menu. (You have to open a file first, otherwise you won't see this tool.) It might be helpful in a situation like this when your tiles don't go in order.

This tool lets you drag tiles from the graphic view to the tool's window. You then can rearrange the tiles and export the whole graphic as bmp/png/etc. and the tool will create another file besides the graphic that record all the tiles' positions, horizontal/vertical flips, etc. Then you can edit your exported graphic and use the same tool to import that edited graphic back to your file. The tiles in your graphic will be automatically arranged by the tool. (I haven't really tried it much but that's pretty much what I got from a quick test.)

Disq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jjjewel said:
Disq said:

The new version of CrystalTile2 (June 2010) has a new tool called "Tile composition tool" under Tools menu. (You have to open a file first, otherwise you won't see this tool.) It might be helpful in a situation like this when your tiles don't go in order.

This tool lets you drag tiles from the graphic view to the tool's window. You then can rearrange the tiles and export the whole graphic as bmp/png/etc. and the tool will create another file besides the graphic that record all the tiles' positions, horizontal/vertical flips, etc. Then you can edit your exported graphic and use the same tool to import that edited graphic back to your file. The tiles in your graphic will be automatically arranged by the tool. (I haven't really tried it much but that's pretty much what I got from a quick test.)

Oh. My. God.
This tool is making it much easier. It's so easy... it's like a dream!
Now I can see everything without any problems.
Thank you, you made my day
smile.gif

xkioku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go go go go~ -roots- wait did i spell roots right? idk lol well anyway thank you for working on this :3 can't wait

ManusiaSalju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sorry for replying to old thread...
Is your program can load menu and item text?
I try it but it only load dialog text.
So where is the location for menu and item text?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs