Hacking Sulotion to fix a brick? (160-0103)

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
See? this is why i'm against CBHC. 80% of those bricks are from people screwing around with CBHC.
User error most of the time. If users paid attention to what they were doing, those bricks wouldn't happen. That being said, mistakes do happen, of course. That's why I don't use CBHC myself. I figured I can afford the time to press the Haxchi icon once after I booted the WiiU. :P

Reactions: Ryccardo

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
I've put a folder on the last page of the home menu called useless and I stuck the DS app in there on the folders last page to and just to be safe I put a parental lock on all accounts so they can't delete data.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The funny thing is, all the guides on gbatemp say you MUST buy the VC DS game from the eshop. They also tell you, if you don't buy the game from the eshop, you are guaranteed a brick.

It's crazy how people can read just a single piece of information, then try modifying their $300+ console. Do your research before modifying any console, not just the WiiU.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

The funny thing is, all the guides on gbatemp say you MUST buy the VC DS game from the eshop. They also tell you, if you don't buy the game from the eshop, you are guaranteed a brick.

It's crazy how people can read just a single piece of information, then try modifying their $300+ console. Do your research before modifying any console, not just the WiiU.

Most people here just go "Oh look a Coldboot, let's install it!" and proceed to ignore everything then come here and post "wtf i bricked?!" threads. Ugh...

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Most people here just go "Oh look a Coldboot, let's install it!" and proceed to ignore everything then come here and post "wtf i bricked?!" threads. Ugh...
I will admit most times I feel sympathy because even if someone reads and understands the guide mistakes can happen, other times, Schadenfreude.

Reactions: Quantumcat

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. I bet most of the WiiU bricks are from people being extremely lazy to read the entire guide, and skipping all the important stuff, such as "What NOT to do". Lol.

All that money people pay for their consoles, you would think they would be more careful and cautious when modifying their console.

Well, this is exactly what laziness gets you, a brick. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I will admit most times I feel sympathy because even if someone reads and understands the guide mistakes can happen, other times, Schadenfreude.
Mistakes will not happen if you use your brain for reading and interpretation.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mistakes will not happen if you use your brain for reading and interpretation.
Also, this is why we have a forum for modding, so anyone can ask questions if they don't understand something. Me personally, I rather spend an hour asking question after question to fully understand something, then to be lazy and brick my console.

Reactions: Deleted User

Kanters84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well i got it back from nintendo, they didnt opened the system or at least i dont see any signs of it.
but because the homebrew channel which still was on the "home-menu" they wont repair or fix it, simply cuz it contains illegal software which isnt developed or tested by nintendo.

so my wiiu adventures end here..

Topic may be closed!

Reactions: Pachee

LichbannMejolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well i got it back from nintendo, they didnt opened the system or at least i dont see any signs of it.
but because the homebrew channel which still was on the "home-menu" they wont repair or fix it, simply cuz it contains illegal software which isnt developed or tested by nintendo.

so my wiiu adventures end here..

Topic may be closed!

Sorry for your loss. At least your learned a valuable lesson, I hope.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

User error most of the time. If users paid attention to what they were doing, those bricks wouldn't happen. That being said, mistakes do happen, of course. That's why I don't use CBHC myself. I figured I can afford the time to press the Haxchi icon once after I booted the WiiU. :P

I'm exactly like this. I've read the tutorial on installing CBHC about 300 times and could do it with my eyes closed at this point. Then again, I don't see a reason for installing it if all it's going to do is skipping a menu. So I'm pretty ok having Haxchi.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna know how they gained access to the system menu when CBHC prevents it.

With no signs of a hard mod I wonder what tools they have. It'd be great to get our hands on that

Reactions: Quantumcat

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wanna know how they gained access to the system menu when CBHC prevents it.

With no signs of a hard mod I wonder what tools they have. It'd be great to get our hands on that
They probably use some kind of USB stick (similar to how a Linux USB stick can access and explore a completely fucked computer and check the files). That would mean they can probably easily fix any of these CBHC bricks, but they choose not to, just to punish users who hack their consoles. I don't blame them, since hacking means lost profits, as far as Wii U is concerned.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They probably use some kind of USB stick (similar to how a Linux USB stick can access and explore a completely fucked computer and check the files). That would mean they can probably easily fix any of these CBHC bricks, but they choose not to, just to punish users who hack their consoles. I don't blame them, since hacking means lost profits, as far as Wii U is concerned.
close they have a special sd card thing that can acess system files afaik.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: You infidel.