Hacking [Suggestion] PS4 Bundles & Firmware List

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, my PS4 is hackable? I thought i was over the limit for the hack at 4.07. lol

Yes, hackable up to 4.55.

You have to download the 4.55 firmware upgrade file from the net.

put it on your usb: PS4/UPDATEFIRMWAREFILE.PUP

plug it in to your ps4. remove your ethernet cable / disable wifi. then update via system>system update.

welcome to a hackable ps4.

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

plug it in to your ps4. remove your ethernet cable / disable wifi. then update via system>system update.

whoa! This hole time i thought i was over the fw threshhold at 4.07 on my launch PS4 Phat. ^_^ Thanks for making me aware that i have a hackable PS4. I'll be getting it hacked,today!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you for the link, friend. ^_^

Fellas, what's the biggest external HDD supported?

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whoa! This hole time i thought i was over the fw threshhold at 4.07 on my launch PS4 Phat. ^_^ Thanks for making me aware that i have a hackable PS4. I'll be getting it hacked,today!

Thank you for the link, friend. ^_^

Fellas, what's the biggest external HDD supported?

external: 8tb I think using nyko type caddy. App2USB is in early stages, it does work, but you need to faff a little. its not like just install PKG and use at the moment. Maybe best to get a 2TB internal. that's what I've personally got an I have around 35+ games on it and still 1TB left..

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
external: 8tb I think using nyko type caddy. App2USB is in early stages, it does work, but you need to faff a little. its not like just install PKG and use at the moment. Maybe best to get a 2TB internal. that's what I've personally got an I have around 35+ games on it and still 1TB left..

Thanks for the quick response, friend. I have a 2TB 3.5 inch sata HDD. can i connect it to external 3.0 enclosure, format it to exfat and use it for my PS4 backups?

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick response, friend. I have a 2TB 3.5 inch sata HDD. can i connect it to external 3.0 enclosure, format it to exfat and use it for my PS4 backups?

Research AppToUSB.

Personally, I wouldn't right now. But it's up to you.

Internal: You install a 2.5 HDD. Download a PKG, copy to external HDD. Install it using PKG installer. Then it installs to internal and is ready for use.
External: Download a PKG, copy to external HDD. Install it using PKG installer. Then it installs to internal. Then read the AppToUSB readme. Which last time I read, you then run the payload which then copies it to your extHDD and then it has to rebuild the database etc.

I'd personally just use a 2.5" HDD internal HDD. So much easier.

You can get, 1TB 2TB & 4TB.

I'd personally spend £100 ish. Get 4TB 2.5" HDD external, open it and then install it inside your PS4.

The below video shows exactly what I did to my 2TB HDD. The one in the video is the 4TB.

This is the link to the drive to buy if you want 4TB.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-PlayStation/dp/B017KE8OG0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520369069&sr=8-1&keywords=4tb+2.5"

This is 15mm in height, so you would have to mod your HDD caddy for it to fit. But it does work. 2TB are 9.5mm which is what you need to use without any modification.

Last edited by jellybeangreen2,

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Research AppToUSB.

Internal: You install a 2.5 HDD. Download a PKG, copy to external HDD. Install it using PKG installer. Then it installs to internal and is ready for use.
External: Download a PKG, copy to external HDD. Install it using PKG installer. Then it installs to internal. Then read the AppToUSB readme. Which last time I read, you then run the payload which then copies it to your extHDD and then it has to rebuild the database etc.

I'd personally spend £100 ish. Get 4TB 2.5" HDD external, open it and then install it inside your PS4.

The below video shows exactly what I did to my 2TB HDD. The one in the video is the 4TB.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-PlayStation/dp/B017KE8OG0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520369069&sr=8-1&keywords=4tb+2.5"

Thanks for the link to the 4TB hdd. However, i would like to just work with what i have for now, which is a 2TB sata hdd and i also have a 1TB hdd but i want as much space as possible.

So what you're saying is that i can't run PS4 backups directly from an external hdd? I have to run this app"AppToUSB" to copy the game from an external to an internal hdd and run it form there?

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link to the 4TB hdd. However, i would like to just work with what i have for now, which is a 2TB sata hdd and i also have a 1TB hdd but i want as much space as possible.

So what you're saying is that i can't run PS4 backups directly from an external hdd? I have to run this app"AppToUSB" to copy the game from an external to an internal hdd and run it form there?

No other way round.

You have to do the below anyway to play games from internal which is by default. The steps are below

Then you have to do the same as above and more to use your external which just takes a lot longer. The steps are below.

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No other way round.

You have to do the below anyway to play games from internal which is by default. The steps are below

Then you have to do the same as above and more to use your external which just takes a lot longer. The steps are below.

Thanks for the info, friend! However, i am confused on which method to perform:

4.55 UPDATE PUP: HERE / MIRROR (MD5: 9C85CE3A255719D56f2AA07F4BE22F02) Rename this to PS4UPDATE.PUP <---I downloaded this fw pup and renamed and put it in a folder labeled "PS4 onto a 1GB USB flash drive, formatted via windows 10 to exfat.
MD5 CHECK ANY PUP FILES BEFORE INSTALLATION! - HERE
Latest version of Al-Azif's (built in HolyGrail!) PS4-exploit-host-win-X.X.X.zip: HERE (FAQ HERE) <--- Do i need this?
OPTIONAL: EnableWebBrowser Payload: HERE / MIRROR (MD5: B142D6B1C33EEF4634FE12643404684E) = Unlocks web browser without PSN required. <-- do i need this?

Last edited by morpheous,

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Research AppToUSB.

This is 15mm in height, so you would have to mod your HDD caddy for it to fit. But it does work. 2TB are 9.5mm which is what you need to use without any modification.

I think you made a mistake...The external hdd you linked to amazon isn't a 2.5" hdd inside of its 3.0 enclosure. It has a 3.5" hdd inside of it:

Technical Details
Brand name Seagate
Item Weight 236 g
Product Dimensions 11.7 x 8 x 2.1 cm
Item model number STEA4000400
Series STEA4000400
Color black
Form Factor 3.5"
Hard Drive Size 4 TB

Reactions: ghostrecon

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info, friend! However, i am confused on which method to perform:

4.55 UPDATE PUP: HERE / MIRROR (MD5: 9C85CE3A255719D56f2AA07F4BE22F02) Rename this to PS4UPDATE.PUP <---I downloaded this fw pup and renamed and put it in a folder labeled "PS4 onto a 1GB USB flash drive, formatted via windows 10 to exfat.
MD5 CHECK ANY PUP FILES BEFORE INSTALLATION! - HERE
Latest version of Al-Azif's (built in HolyGrail!) PS4-exploit-host-win-X.X.X.zip: HERE (FAQ HERE) <--- Do i need this?
OPTIONAL: EnableWebBrowser Payload: HERE / MIRROR (MD5: B142D6B1C33EEF4634FE12643404684E) = Unlocks web browser without PSN required. <-- do i need this?

Thanks firmware file is correct IF not you're installing/upgrading your HDD. If you're just updating to 4.55 on your current HDD, then yes that one is correct. "Official Firmware" Update from X version to X version.
"Recovery Firmware" Install fresh firmware if you change your HDD or want to do a complete reinstall.

The PS4UPDATE.PUP has to be in folder: PS4/UPDATE.

Latest version of Al-Azif's (built in HolyGrail!) PS4-exploit-host-win-X.X.X.zip: HERE (FAQ HERE) <--- Do i need this?: Yes. With this you will self host the exploit yourself. This will keep you off the internet but connected locally.

OPTIONAL: EnableWebBrowser Payload: HERE / MIRROR (MD5: B142D6B1C33EEF4634FE12643404684E) = Unlocks web browser without PSN required. <-- do i need this?: Yes. This will unlock the web browser and if you decide to change the way you host the exploit. I.E from a WIFI USB or if you decide to not self host anymore, you can go direct to a certain website and run it from there. Without EnableWebBrowser, you won't be able to use the web browser at all.

I think you made a mistake...The external hdd you linked to amazon isn't a 2.5" hdd inside of its 3.0 enclosure. It has a 3.5" hdd inside of it:

Technical Details
Brand name Seagate
Item Weight 236 g
Product Dimensions 11.7 x 8 x 2.1 cm
Item model number STEA4000400
Series STEA4000400
Color black
Form Factor 3.5"
Hard Drive Size 4 TB

Nope, link is correct. Description "
Seagate Expansion 4 TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4
".

Amazon probably have the wrong info in the small product description section. They typically do.

Reactions: ghostrecon

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks firmware file is correct IF not you're installing/upgrading your HDD. If you're just updating to 4.55 on your current HDD, then yes that one is correct. "Official Firmware" Update from X version to X version.
"Recovery Firmware" Install fresh firmware if you change your HDD or want to do a complete reinstall.

The PS4UPDATE.PUP has to be in folder: PS4/UPDATE.

Latest version of Al-Azif's (built in HolyGrail!) PS4-exploit-host-win-X.X.X.zip: HERE (FAQ HERE) <--- Do i need this?: Yes. With this you will self host the exploit yourself. This will keep you off the internet but connected locally.

OPTIONAL: EnableWebBrowser Payload: HERE / MIRROR (MD5: B142D6B1C33EEF4634FE12643404684E) = Unlocks web browser without PSN required. <-- do i need this?: Yes. This will unlock the web browser and if you decide to change the way you host the exploit. I.E from a WIFI USB or if you decide to not self host anymore, you can go direct to a certain website and run it from there. Without EnableWebBrowser, you won't be able to use the web browser at all.

Nope, link is correct. Description "
Seagate Expansion 4 TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4
".

Amazon probably have the wrong info in the small product description section. They typically do.

Fair enough ^_^

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough ^_^
You can also get a 5TB 15mm drive from Amazon for a small amount more than the 4TB:

http://a.co/b5d0a37

The external USB payload created by stooged makes it much easier to move a bunch of games from internal over to an external drive. Once they are moved to external they "appear" to still be on the internal drive, but only small symlinks are on the internal. All of the game data will be stored on the external.

L

LokiV

What happens if there is an update nag for a higher firmware, eg 5.05, can you choose to update from USB instead?

Edit: nvm, just read in the guide you need to run it in safe mode.

Last edited by ,

petergriffen613

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black only if you want to hack it now. White, if you want to buy now and wait.

For Black Pros:

P/N must be p-27452400 and PS4 Model must be CUH-7015(A or B) or CUH-7016(A or B) if the ps4 does not have those P/n or model than these serials are invalid.

between S01-7393 and S01-7599 they shipped PS4's with 4.70. Try and get one as low SN as you can. Mine was S01-687 (That was from memory).

All PHAT's new will be hackable.

Slim's you have to research and find similar information to the info I've just posted.

The above information is for PS4 Pros only!
I'm not sure where you got your intel from but you are going to have a lot of disappointed >4.55 pro owners on your hands. I cant speak for the 7016 model in fact I read similar info for the 7016 on a Spanish sight. As for the 7015B I had an MC969309480 on 4.70 and an MC967037264 also on 4.70. I did hit on a MC9690xxxxx that is on 4.55. I closed the gap pretty well for you guys on this model somewhere between MC9690 and MC9693 They updated to 4.70. All models manufactured in June 2017. I would shoot for a 7015B MC9690 or lower. I already have a 4.05 pro so if anyone around Long Island NY has any interest in the 4.55 let me know. Good Luck Kids.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure where you got your intel from but you are going to have a lot of disappointed >4.55 pro owners on your hands. I cant speak for the 7016 model in fact I read similar info for the 7016 on a Spanish sight. As for the 7015B I had an MC969309480 on 4.70 and an MC967037264 also on 4.70. I did hit on a MC9690xxxxx that is on 4.55. I closed the gap pretty well for you guys on this model somewhere between MC9690 and MC9693 They updated to 4.70. All models manufactured in June 2017. I would shoot for a 7015B MC9690 or lower. I already have a 4.05 pro so if anyone around Long Island NY has any interest in the 4.55 let me know. Good Luck Kids.

This has been confirmed on reddit by people finding specific models and my finding my own model. All information is valid unless, the console has been opened.

You're comparing between MC codes. I didn't mention anything in regards to MC codes.

I specifically state:

"P/N must be p-27452400 and PS4 Model must be CUH-7015(A or B) or CUH-7016(A or B) if the ps4 does not have those P/n or model than these serials are invalid.

between S01-7393 and S01-7599 they shipped PS4's with 4.70. Try and get one as low SN as you can. Mine was S01-687 (That was from memory).

The above information is for PS4 Pros only!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the P/N code is different (newer) then it will be 4.70 or higher.

petergriffen613

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has been confirmed on reddit by people finding specific models and my finding my own model. All information is valid unless, the console has been opened.

You're comparing between MC codes. I didn't mention anything in regards to MC codes.

I specifically state:

"P/N must be p-27452400 and PS4 Model must be CUH-7015(A or B) or CUH-7016(A or B) if the ps4 does not have those P/n or model than these serials are invalid.

The above information is for PS4 Pros only!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the P/N code is different (newer) then it will be 4.70 or higher.
S01 code is the same as MC9 code

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also get a 5TB 15mm drive from Amazon for a small amount more than the 4TB:

http://a.co/b5d0a37

The external USB payload created by stooged makes it much easier to move a bunch of games from internal over to an external drive. Once they are moved to external they "appear" to still be on the internal drive, but only small symlinks are on the internal. All of the game data will be stored on the external.

Yeah, thanks for the info. I have a launch PS4 and i read that my model isn't compatible with any sata 3.5" over 2TB. perhaps a 5TB would be supported on my 4.55 PS4.

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, thanks for the info. I have a launch PS4 and i read that my model isn't compatible with any sata 3.5" over 2TB. perhaps a 5TB would be supported on my 4.55 PS4.
I have a launch PS4 as well...not sure what you mean by "sata 3.5""...do you mean a 2.5" internal SATA drive?

You CAN fit a 3TB+ 2.5" SATA drive inside your phat PS4, but it will require some physical modification to the drive cage as any drive 3TB and above are thicker than the typical internal drive the PS4 comes installed with. This also covers the 5TB 2.5" drive I mentioned in my post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo