Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Just eight per cent of the Xbox 360 market currently intends to buy Natal, while only six per cent of the PS3 market intends to purchase Move, according to a new study from OTX.

Having polled 2,000 gamers between May 23 and June 5, the research firm concluded that the low purchase intent figures for the new motion controllers reflect a lack of confirmed product launch details including dates, prices and compatible games, although such details are likely to be announced at E3 next week.

The study found that just 15 per cent of the Xbox 360 and PS3 markets are aware of the new motion controllers, reports Gamasutra.

The average age of consumers currently intending to purchase Natal is 25, compared to 28 for Move, while 30 per cent of those planning to buy Move are female, versus 20 per cent for Natal.

According to the study, early Natal and Move adopters are most interested in the following games.

Natal
1. Gears of War 3 – X360 (47%)
2. Fable III – X360 (42%)
3. Call Of Duty: Black Ops – X360 (38%)
4. Halo: Reach – X360 (34%)
5. Dead Space 2 – X360 (26%)

Move
1. LittleBigPlanet 2 – PS3 (42%)
2. Gran Turismo 5 – PS3 (32%)
3. SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs – PS3 (30%)
4. The Legend of Zelda 2 – Wii (26%)
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2 – Wii (21%)

"While we are still months away from launch, the current data suggests that Natal gamers are definitely Xbox 360 purists, while Move gamers have a stronger interest in other platforms," OTX said.
Source.

Oh dear

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So...the people interested in buying Natal are most looking forward to shooters...the games that would be the worst to play with Natal.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buying a PS3 won't be buying Move.
I have a Wii and don't play it already no point in getting a worse version

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jumpman17 said:
So...the people interested in buying Natal are most looking forward to shooters...the games that would be the worst to play with Natal.
Actually, it might still work out one way or another. You shoot with, let's say, both of your hands behind eachother, like you're holding the gun. Then again, that might not be really accurate to shoot with, you would probably miss nearly everything.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
jumpman17 said:
Actually, it might still work out one way or another. You shoot with, let's say, both of your hands behind eachother, like you're holding the gun. Then again, that might not be really accurate to shoot with, you would probably miss nearly everything.
How would you move?

That is the Natal/Waves flaw. It looks far more advance than Wiimote/Move/Eyetoy (if the demos at last years E3 are to be believed) but if the main genre that sells is none on rail shooters then I'd doubt it'll do that well.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ojsinnerz. said:
If Natal got a G Gundam game, I would personally buy an Xbox and Natal, just to play it.
...this hand of mine glows with an awesome power?
I'm afraid you'd get caught up in the moment and be left with a broken TV in the end.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Microsoft copied Sony with natal and Sony copied Nintendo with the move, now what did Nintendo copy Microsoft with...... Oh yeah, Nintendo actually have their own ideas, I forgot.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
Microsoft copied Sony with natal and Sony copied Nintendo with the move, now what did Nintendo copy Microsoft with...... Oh yeah, Nintendo actually have their own ideas, I forgot.
Sony copied Sega with Eyetoy though to me Natal is a lot more than just a rip off of the Eyetoy.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:

Don't quote me on this, but I've read somewhere that some time back (before Wii's development), Microsoft made an attempt with something like the Wiimote, but left it on the wayside because they felt it wouldn't go very far. If that were the case, then at least Nintendo had ideas for the technology rather than just having it and expecting it to sell on its own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [awaits for him to notice something] :blush::ha::evil: