Hacking Stuck..

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno what else to do with my Wii. =\

I have disk loaders, usb loaders, preloaders, new themes, rawksd, blah, blah.

I only have one WiiWare game just to try it out. I grabbed AnyNation a few weeks ago. Lol. But I haven't seen any WiiWare games I'd like anyway.

Not really much of an emulator fan unless there's some *amazing* game out there worth my while. Actually.. I may get a SNES emulator now cuz I just remembered about Chrono Trigger. =)

But I want to hack my Wii.. and I'm not sure what else I should do. And I'm sad now.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
guy, tantric's emulators are probably one of the main reasons i hack wii's.

Come on, the ability to basically play every nintendo system on the Wii?!?!?
what else could you want??

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha. I'm all for playing older games, but I'd just rather play them on their native console. =)

greenwatch200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know something you can do with your Wii. Play games.

Seriously though. Browse around GBAtemp and find the "Essentials" threads. I enjoyed a lot of WiiWare (heck, even some VC games!) titles. Megaman 9, Lost Winds, World of Goo, Swords & Soldiers, and Bit.Trip games are some titles from the top of my head.

I don't own some games on the older consoles (and I don't even own a lot of them), so playing them on the Wii is loads of fun for me!
cool.gif

You could get Mplayer or GeeXboX so that you can play media.

Don't try to get greedy about the Wii. You're already hacking it, searching around for things and finding something you're interested in helps.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Deviyl said:
I dunno what else to do with my Wii. =\

I have disk loaders, usb loaders, preloaders, new themes, rawksd, blah, blah.

I only have one WiiWare game just to try it out. I grabbed AnyNation a few weeks ago. Lol. But I haven't seen any WiiWare games I'd like anyway.

Not really much of an emulator fan unless there's some *amazing* game out there worth my while. Actually.. I may get a SNES emulator now cuz I just remembered about Chrono Trigger. =)

But I want to hack my Wii.. and I'm not sure what else I should do. And I'm sad now.
Sounds to me like your system is properly hacked according to your needs.
Why search for more reasons to hack (and potentially brick) your Wii when you currently don't even have an idea what for?
If it doesn't cross your mind right away, you're probably never gonna use it, anyway.

What you need now is a couple of games to play, not more hacks to install.
If the only amazing SNES game that you can think of from the top of your head is Chrono Trigger, I'm 100% certain that there are tons more that you just don't know. Use your time seeking out those amazing games instead of installing mods to a console you don't appear to be using that much at the moment.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
play through a game on ur usbloader . if ur like me 99% of ur game saves are merely scratches in the surface of the content the game provides.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly recommend trying Tales of Phantasia for the GBA or the patched SNES version. I enjoyed it waaay more than Chrono Trigger.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
greenwatch200 said:
I know something you can do with your Wii. Play games.
A noble solution. =)

Seriously though. Browse around GBAtemp and find the "Essentials" threads. I enjoyed a lot of WiiWare (heck, even some VC games!) titles. Megaman 9, Lost Winds, World of Goo, Swords & Soldiers, and Bit.Trip games are some titles from the top of my head.
Yeah, looked through those.. not much of it interested me. And I've already played through World of Goo on PC and heard it was a bit clunky on the Wii

You could get Mplayer or GeeXboX so that you can play media.
Got it. Just forgot to add it to the list. Lol

Don't try to get greedy about the Wii. You're already hacking it, searching around for things and finding something you're interested in helps.
I'm not really trying to be greedy. I just like to see what it's capable of..
Vater Unser said:
Sounds to me like your system is properly hacked according to your needs.
Why search for more reasons to hack (and potentially brick) your Wii when you currently don't even have an idea what for?
If it doesn't cross your mind right away, you're probably never gonna use it, anyway.
Not really much reason, honestly. Just to say I did, I guess. I know I won't use a lot of it, but it's still cool. =)

What you need now is a couple of games to play, not more hacks to install.
If the only amazing SNES game that you can think of from the top of your head is Chrono Trigger, I'm 100% certain that there are tons more that you just don't know. Use your time seeking out those amazing games instead of installing mods to a console you don't appear to be using that much at the moment.
Indeed. I'll keep browsing the roms list trying to find interesting titles.
illinialex24 said:
Buy World of Goo. Its Wiiware for 15 bucks and its considered the best Wii title by some. Of disc or anything titles.
Been there, done that (on the PC). World of Goo was super fun.
QUOTE(thc42O @ Aug 28 2009, 08:29 PM) play through a game on ur usbloader . if ur like me 99% of ur game saves are merely scratches in the surface of the content the game provides.
Usually I'm pretty good about keeping with a game until it's 100% completed. I even go through and do all the quests and get all the items. Trouble is just finding things that interest me enough to get started..
QUOTE(OtakuGamerZ @ Aug 28 2009, 08:33 PM)
I highly recommend trying Tales of Phantasia for the GBA or the patched SNES version. I enjoyed it waaay more than Chrono Trigger.
Cool. I'll give it a try. =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.