stuck with ios problems..

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by crash_insane, Jan 10, 2011.

Jan 10, 2011
  1. crash_insane
    OP

Newcomer crash_insane Newbie

United States
    I've been trying to fix a friend's wii for a while and I just don't know what to do. He used the cIOS36 rev.9 installer about say 2 or 3 years ago as he claimed and might have missed a step or two when installing wads. AFAIK, his Wii could not run usbloader(hit with an -4100 error; no custom ios).

Here's some info:
    system menu v3.4 ios50
    HBC v1.0.6
    IOS36 v12.18
    boot2v3

I tried patching ios36 but everything I did so far has led me to errors stating there isn't ios. I tried installing wads via MMM but refused. What should I do? I've been researching like crazy and I couldn't find a way to fix this.

edit: forgot to mentioned most apps just refused to work because cIOS 249 couldn't be found, that explained the -4100 error.

2. mvgc3

Member mvgc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Update HBC, which I think it should do automatically if you connect to the internet. If not, get the HackMii Installer and start it from HBC.

Get IOS236 installer to install a version of IOS36 with all patches to slot 236.

Use IOS236 to install any cIOSs or WADs.

Updating HBC is important, by the way, because IOS236 installer uses a new feature available to install the IOS (it's something like WHBPROT, but I never really bothered to remember it exactly)

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Hmm...I'd try to install rev21 in slot 249 (when asked, use a base ios of 36 or 56). It has about the same features as the IOS236, but quite some homebrew assumes a working cIOS in slot 249.
    (note: I quickly tried to check the contents, and it said to start by having HBC 1.0.7 or later).

4. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    Think you've kinda answered your own question on what to do

5. crash_insane
    OP

Newcomer crash_insane Newbie

United States
    Thank you for pointing it out. I didn't know updating HBC would dramatically changes everything.

6. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Well...the HBC is the one piece of software that should be stable above anything else. If you have a bunch of hacked IOS'es installed, it will cause problems (cIOScork/darkcorp tends to conflict with the HBC; certain wads can cause the same sorts of problems).

Updating the HBC may not be obligated or needed, I would still recommend it. For one, because it doesn't get deleted if the wii gets accidentally updated to 4.3.

@bazamuffin: I think you're confusing me with the OP. [​IMG]