Homebrew Stuck on the homemenu ropbin is ready - partial downgrade

AutoLiMax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm following this guide here: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/9.2.0-downgrade and I ended up with a partial downgrade which as far as I'm aware can happen frequently when downgrading.

So the fw was originally 9.5.0 - 0e. I had to go down the route of the oot exploit. I used another 3ds which is already modded to create the naughty save file.

If you check the link out I'm current stuck on step 8 "If you get an error in the middle of installation, follow the instructions in the beginning for partial downgrades"
These are the said instructions:
If sysDowngrader crashes at any point during the downgrade (which can happen occasionally), you can power off the system by holding the power button. You will be left with what’s called a “partial downgrade” or “partial”, which is recoverable.

Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning of Section II and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of sysDowngrader.

So I have started from step 2 as advised and for what ever reason I am now unable to launch in to the homebrew menu to continue with the downgrade.
When I press the "a" button in oot it starts loading the homebrew loader but gets stuck at "homemenu ropbin is ready" and does nothing from that point.

Does anyone have any ideas why this could be happening?

Thanks

I'll post a video of whats happening in a couple of minutes.

AutoLiMax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh ok. So you mean recreate the naughty save file and select the current partial firmware (9.2.0-20e) instead of 9.5.0 - 0e, which is what i originally selected?
I'll take a look at the boots.3dsx thing but I literally downloaded the starter kit today. Unless that is also outdated?

This is the video just so you know exactly whats going on.
Sorry about the focus, my phone thinks it knows best.

Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually that makes sense. now it's partially downgraded it is kind of on that version. It seams to be working now so thanks alot!
I'll most probably be back.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Posghetti

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you have a browser now, you can launch the Homebrew trough browserhax instead of Oothax.

And yes, you have to change the Oothax to 9.2 instead of the original 9.5.

Since you figure it out already, you can continue with the guide.

aquafloe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to hijack this thread, but I'm in a very similar situation. I used the guide to downgrade a N3DS from 10.7 to 9.2, but encountered an error and now have a partial downgrade. I can't load browserhax (prompts to update software) and my Oot3dhax was created for 10.7, and therefore just crashes back to the home menu. I no longer have access to the homebrew'd 3DS I used to create the Oot3dhax in the first place. I've been searching for a solution but haven't found any answers yet. Am I out of luck here?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not to hijack this thread, but I'm in a very similar situation. I used the guide to downgrade a N3DS from 10.7 to 9.2, but encountered an error and now have a partial downgrade. I can't load browserhax (prompts to update software) and my Oot3dhax was created for 10.7, and therefore just crashes back to the home menu. I no longer have access to the homebrew'd 3DS I used to create the Oot3dhax in the first place. I've been searching for a solution but haven't found any answers yet. Am I out of luck here?
Try to launch browserhax following this instructions on Section III as if you were still on 10.7: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser)

aquafloe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to launch browserhax following this instructions on Section III as if you were still on 10.7: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser)
Thanks for the reply. I tried this and unfortunately it didn't work. After 5-6 tries of doing it very quickly it would still show the screen prompting me to update. I've read that once the update prompt screen is shown once, it will always show and this trick method will no longer work. I don't know how much truth there is in that.

Last edited by aquafloe,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Try the other options (it won't do any harm).

Other than that, only other way is for you to get a hacked console or a powersaves to install a new exploit on the Ocarina.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1