StreetPass/Mii Plaza Data - Swappable between regions?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by SpongeFreak52, Dec 7, 2014.

1. SpongeFreak52
    OP

SpongeFreak52 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    United States
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
    So with the upcoming Gateway exploit for the 3DS/N3DS, a lot of people have gone out and bought an import system since the exploit bypasses the region enforcement on games.

My question is, has anyone ever looked into the StreetPass Mii Plaza data, and how it might differ between system regions? And to further that, since the exploit seems to allow full kernel access, would it be feasible to copy it from one system to another somehow? Things like the puzzles and DLC games can take significant amounts of time to replay (even with a homepass router), and I'm sure many people would be interested in retaining their StreetPasses. From what people have said, System Transfer will error out when attempting to move from one region system to another, which is obviously understandable. (Though I'm not sure if anyone has tried a US 3DS -> N3DS transfer)

2. Linkmaan

Linkmaan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2014
    United States
    I'd like to know this as well. It'd be nice to retain all my system and save data on the new one.

I plan on giving my younger brother my Pokemon 3DS XL when my N3DS LL comes in the mail.

3. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Speaking specifically to cross region system transfers; No, not between two 3DS systems nor between a 3DS and an n3DS.

I suspect Mii Plaza data can be decrypted and extracted to the SD card with SaveDataFiler like any other installed title.

Like any other installed title it's unlikely the saves can imported across regions.

Just one of the many things to consider when deciding whether it's worth getting a Japanese n3DS over the Australian one.

4. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    1) My US 3DS XL -> US N3DS XL transfer failed
    2) savedatafiler will not work no matter what I try, for transfering my 3DS Mii Plaza info (00000218) to my N3DS.

I *think* I know how to decrypt the SD card contents, but have to clue how to re-encrypt it. Even on the same console, much less to a new one...