Gaming Street Pass must suck for many of you

DevonGross

Trophies
XP
Man, damn... Just be glad y'all don't like in the tiny little mountain town of Polson, Montana, USA... I have like eight or nine, maybe 10, unique Street Passes... And I've had my 3DS since shortly after launch... If I go to Wal*Mart I'm lucky to get >maybe< two... Or if I go to Pizza Hut while my friend, who lives in another town, is working I'll get one... but for the most part, Street Pass is utterly impossible, such as milking a bull... Any time I see a kid with a 3DS I instantly turn on mine in hopes that he/she isn't trying to conserve their battery power by having the WiFi turned off... SP in MT is Stupid Pointless... I always have my WiFi on in hopes that there might be a spoiled five-year-old with a 3DS that >might< pass my proximity... Oh, and does everybody get two puzzle pieces when they update with another puzzle? I always get the same updated puzzle message twice and get two; however, it could be just the fact that I live in Montana...

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Needless to say, no hits in semi-rural Georgia....

*performs an IP lookup*

Holy shit you're mere (single digit) miles from me.
Yeah, you're not going to get any hits out here. I've seen exactly one 3DS in the wild, so far.
All streetpass is going to do for you here is run your battery down more quickly.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
So far I've taken my XL out 4 times and 3 of those times I've got hits, so it's a real nice pleasent surprise! :)

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
StreetPass is bad. It is completely useless where I live (Montreal). I take the bus and subway a lot and the maximum I ever reached in one day is 2 StreetPass.

But anyway, does any of you eally feel "better" after you get a tile ?? Or are you satisfied with content that offer SP in game. I mean, doll fight in SSF4 ?? Useless box in SMB3D ?? Shitty items in HoR ?? Kid's ghost easily beaten in MK7 ?? Or expensive to use weapon in KI:U ?? To me, it's all useless anyway.

Pip'

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Get about one a week if I take it with me to work and back every day. Last week I was on the metro at some ungodly hour in the morning and some guy sat opposite me and got his 3DS out. Saw him shoot me a glance when my bearded Mii appeared from my sleep-mode 3DS in my bag.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Outside my own personal Streetpass network, about 1 a week in Northeastern PA if I remember to take a 3DS with me.

My own network gives 4 hits every 8 hours, but it's tough to finish puzzles when all 5 units already have the same pieces. If I remember to take a unit, I can usually get coins for pieces.

And then I'll spend 50 coins for one new puzzle piece, because that's how I roll.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd imagine Japan would be totally amazing for that kind of thing. (I'm also jealous you live there!)
It's not that bad elsewhere. I live in the UK, and if i go shopping in the city, I'll meet about 5 or 6 mii's (if i'm lucky) which is more than I was expecting.
The best places to get Mii's in places other than Japan are gaming/anime/comicon events - you meets 100's! :D

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I think I've passed about 10 people in total, one being in my own house, another two being demo units in stores. So thats probably seven other people total. I will never ever ever get those puzzle pieces.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not awful for me. I can expect a few passes a week from friends, and if I go to the local mall, I can get 5 or 6. MAGfest, a gaming convention in Maryland (this year, others it's been in Virginia) is absolutely great for StreetPass. For most of the con, I was getting passes faster than I could process them. The lion's share of my 700+ passes are from there.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be less annoyed about Streetpass if FindMii wasn't so absolutely infuriating--hell, if I didn't have a second 3DS to manipulate it to some degree, I would have thrown it though a wall by now because of how shit it is.

(I've had multiple runs at FindMii where I've gone through 40+ coins without getting past a room because I just could not get the right combo of shirts, and this is with gaming it by 'forcing' one shirt color. I can't even begin to imagine people that are forced to run the entire thing with the hired guns for 2 coins/pop.)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Around the neighborhood, I get zero tags. Simply because my neighborhood is dead when it comes to handheld gaming.

But in the city, it depends. The number of 3DS users in Singapore are increasing. 4 months ago I only got 3 tags, but just yesterday when I went out I got 12 tags in total. :O

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a few each day, but only because I work with ppl that have them. I've only gotten my queue full twice. Although, I'm almost totally done collecting all find mii hats. I wish they would make a find mii 3, cause once I'm done, ill be wanting more puzzles quick. I only have a few games that rely on streetpass anyway. But yea, streetpass frequency sucks in the US.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: