iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heya, folks!!

I was wondering, can i stream movies from my laptop to the PS3? i know you most likely can on the Xbox 360.

that is one of the things that i want for my PS3 to do
biggrin.gif
since i have many on my laptop already.

okay, so if i can, tell me. oh and how
tongue.gif

thanks

~ifish
nayps3.gif

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ifish said:
Thanks, bro.

Luke_c that goes on my pc or mah ps3?
nyanya.gif
You install it on your PC and it will pick up your PS3 over the wireless network, then a PS3 Media Server Icon should pop up on your XMB over Music, Videos and Photos which you can click on, browse through your hard drive and access and open files.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can vouch for PS3 Media Server too on the Mac. I had some issues at first streaming 720p videos, it would stutter, buffer, skip around, but after playing the with settings and slightly reducing some quality, it streamed beautifully. I think it also had to convert on the fly because they were al MKV, so that might have caused some slow-down...

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
blueskies said:
Can vouch for PS3 Media Server too on the Mac. I had some issues at first streaming 720p videos, it would stutter, buffer, skip around, but after playing the with settings and slightly reducing some quality, it streamed beautifully. I think it also had to convert on the fly because they were al MKV, so that might have caused some slow-down...

So... This works on mac!?!?!? :yaymac:

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
although a lot of people seem to hate it i use Windows Media Player to stream from my PC to PS3 it works just fine all you have to do in WMP is click the options toolbar under library and click media sharing then click share my media to and then select devices to share it to.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
syko5150 said:
although a lot of people seem to hate it i use Windows Media Player to stream from my PC to PS3 it works just fine all you have to do in WMP is click the options toolbar under library and click media sharing then click share my media to and then select devices to share it to.
Problem is you can't browse your drives and you can play sod all files

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
syko5150 said:
im able to browse through thousands of music/videos/pictures that way

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
syko5150 said:
luke_c said:
syko5150 said:
You can't browse through your drive though, they have to be in /user/music/ etc.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
syko5150 said:
luke_c said:
syko5150 said:
You can't browse through your drive though, they have to be in /user/music/ etc.
well all of my files are ripped straight to my wmp library so i can see everything i have on my PS3.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
syko5150 said:
luke_c said:
syko5150 said:
luke_c said:
syko5150 said:
well all of my files are ripped straight to my wmp library so i can see everything i have on my PS3.
Well that doesn't seem to be the case with 99% of people, I really can't see why you would use built-in one, it has far less support for files and is alot harder to get working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up