Strange click on DS Lite Touch screen

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Byakkotai, Jul 24, 2008.

Jul 24, 2008
  1. Byakkotai
    OP

Newcomer Byakkotai Member

United Kingdom
    Hi, I just wondered if anyone else had experienced a click sound when pressing on the touch screen? I have only just opened the new DS lite and when the left side of the touch screen is pressed I can feel it giving way and moving back into the unit. I am tempted to take it back but want to know if anyone has any experience with this as the drive to the store is around 1hr and 45 mins

2. V!olaPlayer

Member V!olaPlayer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oooh, normally I would just return it, but seeing as to how far you are, I would get second thoughts. =/

Now, if that affects gameplay by making it uncalibrated, or if the screen is very loose, then I would recommend you to go if you're willing to.

3. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada
    Id send it in to nintendo for free, they even pay for shipping.

4. Gab

Newcomer Gab Advanced Member

Hong Kong
    I'd suggest you return it. It might make the touch screen layer itself loose from the actual lower screen since it seems that they're not attached to the frame properly.
    If you couldn't return it, a possible fix might be a replacement case but I'm not quite sure with that.

5. Byakkotai
    OP

Newcomer Byakkotai Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks, I just spoke to the retailer and after a lengthy 15 mins complaint he said that he was willing to drive a DS lite down to another store that is only 10 mins away from my house. I paid for the DS using some vouchers I had from a previous complaint to the company and I basically said that if this is how they treat me after one complaint I would go higher. Lol

Thanks anyway for all your suggestions