OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Hi everyone

Im back with a new problem that I never encountered before
I softmoded someones black wii (european console 4.3 with serial number LEM###########) (not the new slim model)
strangely enough on the http://www.wiidrives.com site the serial starting with LEM was never encountered before, anyway lets go on
I used the latest modmii and did all the softmodding on the recomended settings,installed SM4.1, installed cfg loader v70 and formatted the usb hdd to fat32 primary and active
till here all went well, booted up the wii and went to try a random game in this case was super mario galaxy 2
it booted till the safety screen logo then bam a black screen
tried another random game virtua tennis, booted fine till the game logo and freezed with an awfull buzzing sound
I tought I missed something with the installation so I redid the softmod completely and still ended with the same issues
the only way I could solve the issue and run the games smoothly was to change from cios 249d2x56/57 to cios 222 and all worked
I tought maybe that his hdd is not compatible so I turned on my Wii with same softmod as his and plugged in his HDD
all the games were working fine without issues so the only thing I can assume is something wrong with his wii console

any ideas on this or someone else had this issue and found a fix for it ?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe it's a language problem. Is the game your trying maybe not european region? If yes then say cfg-loader to force language to the default game language.

kano

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Maybe it's a language problem. Is the game your trying maybe not european region? If yes then say cfg-loader to force language to the default game language.
nah I always use PAL games and all in english
these are my own games that I always use and play so im 100% its not a game problem

also I am not blaming the cios249d2x because thats what I use on my wii and found it the best cios so far
Im suspecting something wrong on the console, also installed all the ios updates altough I know its not necessary on 4.3 wii's

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah then just stick with hermes cIOS, afaik not all wii usb ports are the same, that also influences the compatility. I can suggest you cfg-loader 70-222 set to IOS224 base IOS57 to boot games by default.

kano

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
also to be noted I dont think its a HDD compatability problem since I tested the HDD on my softmodded wii using cios249d2x7[56] and every game worked

kano

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
the only problem left is if I use the hermes 222 or 224 then games that use auto reload wont work :/

kano

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Don't ask for help if you aren't willing to try things. Even if it doesn't fix the problem, it gives information.

hey Joostin Im not expecting nothing im just sharing my problem and to see if someone encountered it already
also I tried to troubleshoot it by myself first, Im not that kind of person that asks before trying to solve it first

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, somewhere on this forum, but can't locate post now. Would be good to see his serial number see if it's similar to yours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up