strange AK2i problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by hier0phant, Aug 30, 2012.

Aug 30, 2012

strange AK2i problem by hier0phant at 1:53 PM (757 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. hier0phant
    OP

Newcomer hier0phant Newbie

United Kingdom
    here's the thing, bought the wife a DSi a couple of years back, with an AK2i, and its been running perfectly.
    the last software update it had was AKAIO 1.8.9z when it came out.

last week she was complaining that a couple of times she'd caught the right hand shoulder button whilst playing and it had turned itself off, then it suddenly would not load anything and gave FAT errors.

i assumed it was the mem card, so replaced it, but the same problems continued.

so i swapped her AK2i for mine and that solved her problem.

Now i just tried using her AK2i in my DSi with my mem card in, and when turned on i get a Clone 1 error that my card is not genuine??
    thought it may have been the mem card so put it in the PC to backup the saves and its completely corrupted :(

put a new mem card in with latest AKAIO on and still getting this Clone 1 error :(

why should a card thats worked for so long suddenly decide its a clone when nothing has been updated?
    has anyone had any similar problems? is it just on its way out??

thanks in advance

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    she hit the shoulder button and the dsi powered off? is that what you are saying? that would be a dsi issue and have nothing to do with the acekard.

if you mean that hitting the should button of the dsi caused the ak2i to stop working, then the ak2i probably has a contact issue. it is possible that the loss in contact corrupted something. first off, does the ak2i have the anti-counterfeit code sticker on the back? when you put the ak2i in the ds/dsi what icon do you see?

more info on the anti-counterfeit code sticker:
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Anti-counterfeit_code

-another world

3. hier0phant
    OP

United Kingdom
    she told me it went to a black screen, not seen it happen myself, but the DSi in question is working fine with my later model AK2i in it without these issues
    so i'm leaning towards it freezing rather than powering off.

the card was acquired round about Feb 2010 and has no sticker of any kind on the back, i think that was before they started putting them on, but you may know more than me.
    it looks legit, and as i said in my previous post, has worked flawlessly since purchase up until about 2 weeks ago.
    the card shows up in the DSi as "Deep Labyrinth - Digital Bros"

4. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    Deep labyrinth? It should be Rafa Nadal Tennis now :blink:
    Are you sure your AKAIO is updated?
    EDIT: There is an AKAIO 1.9.0 now, perhaps updating to that may solve your issue?

5. Another World

Colombia
    @chavosaur, you don't have to keep the bootloader updated, it isn't a requirement to make the acekard function. it is only used to bypass the nintendo blocks. if he is using a dsi then the last firmware update was 1.4.4, which means the icon he has is correct.

please load it up in the dsi and then shake the dsi a little bit. try placing it upside down, directly above your head when you are looking straight up. also try turning the dsi on its back. while doing any of this, does the icon disappear?

is your ak2i glued together or clipped?

-another world

6. hier0phant
    OP

United Kingdom
    shaking it around did not make it disappear at all, but now it does not say its a clone when booted
    BUT, will not load any ROM, just sticks with a red "Loading"

as to glued or clipped, i cant tell. tried to prise apart but its resisting and dont trust my sausage fingers not to break it :)

i'll look again tomorrow, its way past my bedtime in the UK, thanks for your help so far ;)

7. Another World

Colombia
    the clips are plastic clips on the outside of the shell.

it sounds like your files are corrupted. please use the panasonic formatter, reformat the msd card, and then put on a clean fresh copy of akaio 1.9.0. do not put on any previously backed up files as they could be corrupted. next find 1 rom and verify by CRC against a known good set listing. i would recommend advanscene.com. this will let you know that the rom you are testing with is clean and not corrupted. try that 1 rom and see if everything works.

if you don't know how to get the crc value then please download a homebrew file. for the sake of quick testing i'll suggest anguna.

-another world