Hacking strange 4.2U and boot2 question

happydance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hello i just want to have some clarification.

my sister or which of his/her children updated their wii to 4.2u. so she brings it to me since she know i can do something about it since it's giving it errors like #001, unuterized device etc. etc. when inserting a disc, its not brick or something it just can't play backups. Given that i decided to use bannerbomb and try to install hackmii, to my surprise i can still install bootmii as boot2!

my qustion is why does it still have a vunerable boot2 even though it was updated online, as i've understand that the 4.2 online update via nitty's sever also contains an updated boot2v4, sp if you done the update, you cannot install bootmii as boot2 and just go to the alternative option bootmii as ios.

i don't know much the history of this wii, all i know is it was bought premodded and before i knew anything about softmodding wii's and have my own wii.

btw it's an LU52+
and i think it's also harmodded since one of my backups still aprears on the disc channel

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your version of boot1 is what determines if you can install BootMii or not, not boot2.

Boot1 can never be updated. Ever.

Therefore, your console will always be able to install BootMii as long as there's a working exploit.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No, if bootmii boot2 can be installed, it will forever be able to be installed. Nintendo would have to update boot1 to stop bootmii boot2, but boot1 isn't rewriteable... The only way is to physically change the hardware
tongue.gif

happydance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ah.. thanks for the clarification
happy.gif

it's just like when you change the system menu and you just have to reinstall preloader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night