Hacking Stop spotpass from downloading firmware on sleep?

itpun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

So i recently had my wifi on with sysnand and it popped up saying i had an update. It mustve downloaded somehow when i was walking around but i had no previous connections saved on sysnand. Is there a way to prevent to in the future? As well as delete the firmware that got downloaded in case it installs itself?

Thanks!

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TURN OFF 3DS

HOLD LT+RT+A+D-PAD +POWER ON

boots up into prompt menu (yellow border)

HIT CANCEL

turns off

TURN BACK ON

You'll boot into an option to update sysNAND, hit CANCEL and it won't prompt you anymore for sysNAND updates and reboot.

Move on with life and remember that some games will soft reboot by using a combination of ABXY+D-PAD ↑ and myabe L&R.

BONUS HINT: Kind of like the DSTwo. Only the DSTwo uses L&R+START no ABXYs to get into the DSTwo menus (bottom screen).

LINK TO OT:https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-delete-predownloaded-update-spotpass-nag.381489/

itpun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
THanks for the tip!
Speaking of which, i now have the same problem, but with emmunand. Theres a new update (9.6) that just started nagging me, so i was wondiner if doing the whole process described above removes it from emmunand as well?

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THanks for the tip!
Speaking of which, i now have the same problem, but with emmunand. Theres a new update (9.6) that just started nagging me, so i was wondiner if doing the whole process described above removes it from emmunand as well?

No. This only works on sysNAND. EmuNAND is Gateway's problem.

9.6 is nagging everyone. It's a sysNAND update. Just repeat same process to turn off update.

Do beware that now 9.6 is out, version patches will start rolling out again. Why care? Uh, there will be a brief time where your Gateway won't be able to play online without the patches. All you can do is wait... wait... wait... then emuNAND update will come out. So sit on it, be patient. Keep your eye on GW's updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-