Hardware Stock 3DS Softbricked Itself?

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please do that, though I think custom firmware and ntrboothax are the only saviors for her 3DS now (unless she wants to hand Nintendo $70+)...
Alright, I got a bit more, though it's not too much. On 7/1 (mo/day) she came over to my house, and her 3DS got a few streetpasses, but basically sat on the table for the day. It got dropped when she was leaving, but it fell onto carpet and the drop was only a few inches. She took it home, played on it for a bit (About an hour), and powered it off. On the following Monday (7/3) she told me that it was acting weird and that the screens had stopped working.
I got to see it again last Saturday (7/8) which is when I tried the troubleshooting stuff on the guide, and making this thread before telling her that it got bricked. I did look at the inside of the system to be sure nothing had come loose or disconnected, but that was after trying the troubleshooting steps.

To summarize: A few days before it bricked, it had little use and a small drop.

Potato hoarder

Hoarder of Potatoes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, I got a bit more, though it's not too much. On 7/1 (mo/day) she came over to my house, and her 3DS got a few streetpasses, but basically sat on the table for the day. It got dropped when she was leaving, but it fell onto carpet and the drop was only a few inches. She took it home, played on it for a bit (About an hour), and powered it off. On the following Monday (7/3) she told me that it was acting weird and that the screens had stopped working.
I got to see it again last Saturday (7/8) which is when I tried the troubleshooting stuff on the guide, and making this thread before telling her that it got bricked. I did look at the inside of the system to be sure nothing had come loose or disconnected, but that was after trying the troubleshooting steps.

I'm not sure what to do besides waiting for another update so you can use recovery mode

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can always hardmod, install BS9 and do a CTR Transfer. This should help if the problem lies with the NAND. If it was technically broken then no can do. Sure you can wait for a new update from Nintendo or ntrboothax, but who knows when they come.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It sounds like a hardware thing to me, possibly the NAND is damaged from the fall or the wires connected to it became loose (yet still attached). At this point, I would definitely consider sending it to Nintendo since it isn't hacked. Even though it isn't under warranty anymore, they'll still fix it if you pay them...

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what to do besides waiting for another update so you can use recovery mode
You can always hardmod, install BS9 and do a CTR Transfer. This should help if the problem lies with the NAND. If it was technically broken then no can do. Sure you can wait for a new update from Nintendo or ntrboothax, but who knows when they come.
I let her know of a few things that could be done, but she didn't want to have to send her 3DS out to someone for a hardmod, so unless I can do it, which I don't really want to attempt since I have no experience with soldering, hardmod is pretty much out of the question. I think she'll lean more towards waiting for ntrboothax or a new system update. If we end up waiting for that, the system is getting B9S just so if something like this happens again, she could fix it herself with GM9.
It sounds like a hardware thing to me, possibly the NAND is damaged from the fall or the wires connected to it became loose (yet still attached). At this point, I would definitely consider sending it to Nintendo since it isn't hacked. Even though it isn't under warranty anymore, they'll still fix it if you pay them...
I may try contacting someone at Nintendo and seeing how much it would be because sending it to them honestly seems like the best solution for this situation. I may wait on trying to contact them until she's with me just in case there's something that I missed about the situation.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I let her know of a few things that could be done, but she didn't want to have to send her 3DS out to someone for a hardmod, so unless I can do it, which I don't really want to attempt since I have no experience with soldering, hardmod is pretty much out of the question. I think she'll lean more towards waiting for ntrboothax or a new system update. If we end up waiting for that, the system is getting B9S just so if something like this happens again, she could fix it herself with GM9.

I may try contacting someone at Nintendo and seeing how much it would be because sending it to them honestly seems like the best solution for this situation. I may wait on trying to contact them until she's with me just in case there's something that I missed about the situation.
It's probably going to be $70+ due to the nature of it. Though, she will get a 100 day repair warranty afterwards (in case something went wrong with the repair). For more info, visit this link: https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repairTerms.jsp

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A system update just went up. What. I'm updating the bricked system through recovery mode right now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A system update just went up. What. I'm updating the bricked system through recovery mode right now.
11.5.0-38 is live.
That was meant to be an edit. ._.

Edit: Welp. Updating didn't help. Rest in rip.

Last edited by Magical Sheep,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

11.5.0-38 is live.
That was meant to be an edit. ._.

Edit: Welp. Updating didn't help. Rest in rip.
I'm thinking it needs to be sent to Ninty....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8